White Teacher Abused by Her Japanese Boyfriend

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

White Teacher Abused by Her Japanese Boyfriend

Post by prahocalypse now »

A white Australian teacher in Phnom Penh, Tiff Coghlan, says that her Japanese boyfriend, Takahiro Bob Asada, abused her, cutting her arm on Xmas Day.

She wrote this on facebook:
Hello everyone,
I have been an expat living in Cambodia for two years. My time here with the locals has been nothing but beautiful, but I would like to share my story regarding a Japanese individual.

I first met Takahiro Bob Asada 5 months ago at a Japanese kareokee bar, Miyabi on st 63. The first few months we shared together everything seemed wonderful; he took me to nice places, bought me nice gifts, used over kind words and showed great interest into my life here. But this was the beginning of his manipulation and soon his true colours started to shine.

He became possessive, and convinced me to move into his house. After only one week, I wasn't allowed to go out and see my friends anymore, he would take my motorbike and house keys, locking me inside his house. Some days he wouldn't let me go to work, claiming my job was meaningless and a waste of time. When I started to get upset, show emotion or ask him why he was behaving in such manner, he turned violent. It became almost daily that he would strangle me, slam my body and head into walls, spit in my face, kick me, slap me across the face, pour fizzy drink in my eyes, speak badly of my friends, family, country.

On Christmas Day, he had told me we were going to have dinner together, so I would cancel my friends plans. This was never his intention; so after waiting for 2 hours at his bar, I went to leave to enjoy my Christmas. He stopped me, strangled me again in the back room, with his co-worker, a Khmer by the name of Sut Sopheak, watched silently. Finally I scrambled away from his grasp, and ran home. I tried to get inside to take some cash and quickly leave, but he had followed me. Scared, I tried to sit with my back against the bedroom door, to stop him from entering. He used his strength to push the door open, holding a knife in his hand. He pounced on top me me, pinning me down, using his knees to hold my body, while he made the first cut into my arm, screaming at me 'youre crazy! You're crazy! Your friends going to think you're crazy! You won't have job!' he then cut me arm a second time, before turning around to make small but painful slits to my thigh. By this point blood was running uncontrollably from my arm, and it was like he had just realised his actions, started to cry and become scared, yelling 'no, no, no!' taking his shirt off and wrapping it around my wrist. The situation died down, and I went to sleep for the night. The following day he pretended as I'd nothing had happened, so I left for work as usual and didn't return to the house until the following day to collect what things I could with a few friends.

This has been the most traumatic few months, and in turn has pushed me leave this country I love, and will always call home. Thank you for giving your time to read my story, I pray he does not hurt anyone else in the same way.

She posted these pics:

prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Re: White Teacher Abused by Her Jap Boyfriend

I don't understand why Tiff stayed with her boyfriend for so long. She should have left him the first time they had a tiff.
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

Mmm..obviously if this is true, it's horrific, but we have no way of knowing if it's true, or she's just another meth-head trying to explain her self-inflicted wounds and departure by blaming another for it.

Not even sure it's wise to post it if we don't know the truth, anybody could post that oh i know this bogan paedo, and basically defame the person, but without any proof, it's irresponsible.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

that genius wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:11 am Mmm..obviously if this is true, it's horrific, but we have no way of knowing if it's true, or she's just another meth-head trying to explain her self-inflicted wounds and departure by blaming another for it.

Not even sure it's wise to post it if we don't know the truth, anybody could post that oh i know this bogan paedo, and basically defame the person, but without any proof, it's irresponsible.
Or, this could also be a timely warning about dangerous psychopath who preys on vulnerable young women in PP.

Her story has been posted on the internet, and then it's up to you whether you believe it or not, because I'm not sure what kind of proof you could provide if photos are not enough. A confession, a violent video, or an angry rant from the ex-boyfriend would be an indication, but I doubt we'll get that.
So this could be a public service announcement, or it could be slander (or libel ?) Should you post it ? Up to you. Everyone takes responsibility for their own posts and this is no different IMO.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Those look like self-inflicted scratches.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

Lol! Knife? I dont think so. My kitten does worse than that!
Remember kids, tattoos are for life.

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

I just think it's weird that an English teacher with a Japanese boyfriend thinks that karaoke is spelt "kareokee".
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

She wrote "I first met Takahiro Bob Asada 5 months ago at a Japanese kareokee bar, Miyabi on st 63"
Is this guy the owner of Miyabi? This might be his face book page https://www.facebook.com/takahiro.asada.940

http://www.thepictaram.club/instagram/m ... mpenh_bkk1

Maybe give him a call and get his side of the story :D
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

amazing to read here vs the fb past and the opposite perception of what took place and reasons

https://www.facebook.com/groups/expatsa ... on_generic

and than "An admin turned off commenting for this post."
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Beerinthemorning
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Beerinthemorning »

run out of money for Drugs now making up a sob story blaming the ones around for something unrelated that never happened to get more money.

thats what meth does.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic