CEO outages

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Soi Dog
Expatriate

CEO outages

Post by Soi Dog »

Seriously, you must do something about the repeating periodic episodes when CEO is loading so slowly as to be useless. This happens on a regular basis, and when it does you may as well put up a link to your competitor's forum.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Re: CEO outages

Post by OrangeDragon »

lol, i just spent the last hour and a half online with "Rick" and then with his supervisor "Greg" because of this issue... and was coming here to make a related post.

Seeking a new hosting provider. I'm done with them. This is absurd, and they wanted me to upgrade another $20 a month to fix the solution by going with a system that lets me pick when they back up the server vs the current one where they do it when they feel like regardless of my settings apparently. I listed out all of the issues we've had, let them know they've lost a customer of over 2 years, and logged off. Done with this nonsense.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

OrangeDragon wrote:lol, i just spent the last hour and a half online with "Rick" and then with his supervisor "Greg" because of this issue... and was coming here to make a related post.

Seeking a new hosting provider. I'm done with them. This is absurd, and they wanted me to upgrade another $20 a month to fix the solution by going with a system that lets me pick when they back up the server vs the current one where they do it when they feel like regardless of my settings apparently. I listed out all of the issues we've had, let them know they've lost a customer of over 2 years, and logged off. Done with this nonsense.
Wow, that's a relief [ like having a piss ] to know. For a while I thought the site was being vandalised and over spammed by the other forum [s] so I sent all my posts in by snail mail, via Cambodian Postal Service.

PS. Forgot to put stamp on the envelope.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Joker Poker
Expatriate

Post by Joker Poker »

Soi Dog wrote:Seriously, you must do something about the repeating periodic episodes when CEO is loading so slowly as to be useless. This happens on a regular basis, and when it does you may as well put up a link to your competitor's forum.
This!

I tried to log on many times, gave up and read the new threads on 440.
I'm not engaged with 440 and gave up posting there (different name) about 18 months ago because of the owner's awful behaviour. However, if I keep going there because CEO isn't working I might start to engage with it once again.

Appreciate your efforts to sort this OD.
Joker Poker
Expatriate

Post by Joker Poker »

Soi Dog wrote:Seriously, you must do something about the repeating periodic episodes when CEO is loading so slowly as to be useless. This happens on a regular basis, and when it does you may as well put up a link to your competitor's forum.
This!

I'm not engaged with 440 and gave up posting there (different name) about 18 months ago because of the owner's awful behaviour. However, if I keep going there because CEO isn't working I might start to engage with it once again.

potty
Expatriate

Post by potty »

where is the hosting, in cambodia ?
badneighour
Expatriate
Falkland Islands

Post by badneighour »

Joker Poker wrote:
This!

Same as that :)
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

potty wrote:where is the hosting, in cambodia ?
Datacenter in the US.
EdinWigan
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by EdinWigan »

Well, It seems Hot Breath has sorted it out. Access speeds at the CEO Consulate in Wigan have got so fast, we have fitted seat belts to all computer chairs ( Health & Safety, don't you know) and replaced all keyboards with special ones, fitted with air bags.

Thanks Mr D, seems you have sorted it all out.

:bow:
Remember your Karma helps a Wet Child In Wigan !
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

its not solved... they'll do it again next sunday if i haven't moved it by then. it's only for a few hours each sunday... but its still a pain in the ass.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic