Best ways to stop smoking

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
badneighour
Expatriate
Falkland Islands

Best ways to stop smoking

Post by badneighour »

It's been 10 hours now and no cigars. Please, if the is a higher being help me stop smoking....
Trying cold turkey.
This statement clearly isn’t in regard to weed (medicine).
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Best ways to stop smoking

Post by frank lee bent »

patches and gum help
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by beaker »

no easy way , I quit 30 years ago cold turkey, but smoked low grade cannabis to get me tough the times
good luck
It really is worth doing !
"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
Joker Poker
Expatriate

Post by Joker Poker »

You can do it. Look at your little finger - should something the size of this be in control, or you?

Figure that out and just stop. Never look back.
Dr Anik
Expatriate

Post by Dr Anik »

Chances are, you will quit if/when a doctor tells you that you have an incurable lung disorder, so why not do yourself a favour and just quit now? I often thought it would be impossible to quit but found it really easy and immediately felt the benefits. I smoked for 40+ years btw.

It's one of those situations where once you have stopped, you'll wonder why you hadn't done it years before. Up to you.
Sir_Quality_U_Feel
Expatriate

Post by Sir_Quality_U_Feel »

My father quit last year the day his M.D. told him he has stage I Emphysema. His choices were- 1- quit- 2- progress to the stage where he slowly suffocates to death on a ventilator.

Lung Cancer is supposed to suck pretty bad as well. Don't know if it is available in Cambodia, but that Champix/Chantix pill really does wonders. I smoked for 10 years, took that for 1 month and was off of it. It is some strong shit and re-wires your brain to not accept nicotine, thus rendering the cigarette useless in terms of feeding your nictoine addiction.

It is harder to do in a country where packets are $1 vs 8$ USD back in the State.

I just smoke a lot of weed now.... I still light up the occasional ciggy when I have the once per month Saturday night bender, but mainly, just smoke low-grade local weed when I have the time.
I'll give ya 500 Riel for it...
dagenham
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by dagenham »

badneighour wrote:It's been 10 hours now and no cigars. Please, if the is a higher being help me stop smoking....
Trying cold turkey.
This statement clearly isn’t in regard to weed (medicine).
Just curious...do you inhale them? Some peeps, like my Pa, never inhaled - just puffed...then you only can get cool types of mouth cancer...and your gums aren't very happy for sure..having no teeth is trendy these days...
Winston Churchill said, "Have a cigar, a glass of brandy, pet your dog and get a blow job daily for a productive and fulfilling life"
iluvu
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by iluvu »

I can't stop smoking when a carton of ara gold is 15,000 riel or 37.5 cents a pack. Back in Seattle I was buying a pouch of top and rolling my own smokes since a pack of marlboros was ~9 dollars. So the best way for me to quit is to tax smokes out of my price range.
Digg3r
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by Digg3r »

I had tried quitting smoking many times over the years. I had tried patches and gum and that drug Zyban.

Nothing worked until the day back in 2010 when my son picked up a tooth pick and put it in his mouth copying me smoking.

I quit cold turkey.
badneighour
Expatriate
Falkland Islands

Post by badneighour »

Okay day two: Woke up this morning feeling better, with more energy still in the non-smoking- zone, thanks for all the replies. Maybe some exercise soon. Roll on one week
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic