I want your opinions on something...

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

I want your opinions on something...

Post by OrangeDragon »

I said no agencies in the description of the housing classifieds... and i mean it. we don't want a load of spammed $1000 studio apartments with cute kitchens and sexy bathrooms...

However this guy posted... and presuming he doesn't spam the site more i'm inclined to leave it... thoughts from the members?

https://cambodiaexpatsonline.com/viewtop ... =13&t=1574
Dara
Expatriate

Re: I want your opinions on something...

Post by Dara »

this is a forum. If he can read and write and answer email or
posts, this is great. If like all of the others he says, call me
call me, call me.......

Not good.

But exceptionally good if he is khmer but can answer a post.
People coming to cambodia would luck out to be able to communicate
with him.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

sort of how i feel, so if i leave it i'll post in there that anyone using it and having issues should let me know and i'll take it down.
0to60
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by 0to60 »

You never know. He may have something available in the budget range. I doubt it though.
Dara
Expatriate

Post by Dara »

Otto,

It is not a question of budget or high end, or even middle range.

He is posting on a written forum. Can he write.

Some people can not call on the telephone. Me for instance.
I can't hear much, and my language use confuses people, to the
small extent that they can understand my accent. For me, the
phone does not work.
0to60
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by 0to60 »

Dara, he does have 2 email addresses in his post. The more real estate agents that post in that section, the better your chance of finding someone that can work with your hearing problem. But what I meant was that most agents that post on these forums think that foreigners are naive or soft, and won't have any Khmer style apartments/rooms.
taranis
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by taranis »

404 Not Known
Last edited by taranis on Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
God Forgives. I don't!
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

taranis wrote:No agencies, means no agencies. Perhaps you should have a business directory section on here.
Agreed to part 1. And part 2 could be a new section of its own. 'Business and Services Directory'.

Dara wrote:He is posting on a written forum. Can he write.
Don't know if he can write, but it seems he can type, so he can join in the discussions like everybody else. That doesn't mean that he should be allowed to post housing classifieds. Afterall, the rules are clearly laid out.

As OD says . . . . .
OrangeDragon wrote:I said no agencies in the description of the housing classifieds... and i mean it.
Well, mean it then.

:evil:
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

Delete it.

Or should we only pander to educated schmucks?
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

Yeah, but the reason I made the rule (much like the whole "spirit of the law" argument) was to prevent the guys who post a ton of listings every other day just cluttering up the section. The particular way this guy has approached it is much different, and honestly something I think should be encouraged. He's saying "tell me what you want, and in private we'll discuss what I've got." A single post rather than a torrent of spam.

That's why I wanted to gather opinions on it, and why I considered keeping it in the first place.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic