COP OUT

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
JDMPRO777
Expatriate
United States of America

COP OUT

Post by JDMPRO777 »

So... try not to beat me up too bad on this one... I am a U.S. Army combat veteran with 14 years of service and also have 8 years of Law Enforcement experience. I have lived in Siem Reap for one year and have a Khmer girlfriend and new baby. I like Cambodia in spite of its issues. Two topics covered here I would like feedback on if possible. First, I was thinking of attempting to become a Cambodian Tourist Police Officer. I realize this has never been done before by an American citizen but why? I bring experience and know how to deal with drunk tourists. A sort of liaison perhaps. I really would like to get involved and feel I could add a lot. I have police in my new Khmer family which may or may not matter. I have seen conflicting information on this. I would even be willing to offer cash I suppose. Any thoughts? Secondly... I looked into APLE (NGO) which many of you may know about. They work with a variety of departments both in Cambodia and the United States and employ undercover informants to prevent and disrupt the child sex thing. I have emailed them multiple times over the past 2 months and never heard back from them. I offered my qualifications but nothing back. I live in the village (only white guy) and have grown quite fond of the kids there. From time to time I see suspect individuals creeping around and once, I am not ashamed to say I saw one of these assholes talking to a kid. I knew instinctively what was going on and I literally chased him out with my machete. No joke. Was more than a little worried about getting fried after that but nothing ever happened and I never saw him again. What is the deal with these guys? I offer my volunteer services; I have undercover experience; I have experience as a cop; I have a half-Cambodian kid of my own.... and nothing.... thoughts?
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Re: COP OUT

Post by prahocalypse now »

JDMPRO777 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:22 am S I looked into APLE (NGO) which many of you may know about. They work with a variety of departments both in Cambodia and the United States and employ undercover informants to prevent and disrupt the child sex thing. I have emailed them multiple times over the past 2 months and never heard back from them.
Cambodian employers don't usually respond to emails. You need to find another way to contact them.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

they have Expat police ( and immigration) volunteers here in Thailand in many of the major tourist cities, NO ONE likes them and they all have the same background as you seem to have, A few here have been arrested for taking money, selling drugs, extortion. Many seem to be on some ego trip
No idea why anyone in their right mind would desire to deal with drunks, unless they were being paid for it.

BUT if ur set on it why not ask ur relatives that you say are cops??

Wont comment a bit on APLE

Just my $.05 worth
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Post by prahocalypse now »

OP, You should apply for a job as a sniper at that new spy academy.
JDMPRO777
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by JDMPRO777 »

hmm sniper.... see my other post titled cya. RENOUNCING. funny you bring that up because I have thought about it (not the sniper position mind you)...... sorry CIA if you are monitoring.... but shit is ridiculous now. Good luck with WWIII. May go a little different than the last two... just sayin.
JDMPRO777
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by JDMPRO777 »

I'm so dead now lol :stir:
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

Try contacting that ex cop from Australia. The one in PP. Managed to forget his name. I'm sure someone can remind me.

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

username
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by username »

Barang chgout wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:50 am Try contacting that ex cop from Australia. The one in PP. Managed to forget his name. I'm sure someone can remind me.
James McCabe of the CPU?
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

Nah. Top bloke who used to visit the garage occasionally. Victorian, no hair. Was it Steve someone?

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

maybe you could teach english to the tourist police. i know a few ppl who have gotten surprisingly good hourly rates teaching gov officials here.
Locked Previous topicNext topic