DJ Breaks Up with Khmer Bargirl Fiancee & Headbutts Tony Abbott

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

DJ Breaks Up with Khmer Bargirl Fiancee & Headbutts Tony Abbott

Post by prahocalypse now »

The DJ Astro ‘Funknukl’ Labe was recently in Cambodia. He posted this on Facebook:
26 August at 05:11 ·
Pay heed or fuck the fuck off, my friends!
Harass me for being a feminist in a lady bar in Cambodia where I've come to see if my 22 year old fiancee actually cares for me but this bullshit is not ok nor uncommon. Is it purely the lack of a father and my extreme disdain for violence that makes me find this behaviour repulsive or are men genetically pack animals like dogs? Evolve, for fucks sake. You have a mother or a sister or both.

27 August
I met my baby's baby today. If you look closely you'll catch a glimpse of the rarest of animals; the smiling Stro... — with srey neang.

29 August at 00:40 · Phnom Penh, Cambodia ·
I'm sitting on the floor of my $10 room topping up my drink whilst my gorgeous 22 year old fiancée sleeps off a bottle of vodka behind me. Not because I'm this hideous, but because her room sister just got broken up with. Now my turn to drink and write for a bit...

6 September at 04:45
I must apologise if anyone thinks my tone seems in any way misogenystic. My heart is broken pretty badly and my headsoundtrack is all I have right about now... and Wi-Fi... and you, how can I forget you, my only true friend in this world: FB.

6 September at 20:59
Sitting at the bar in Utopia and the owner's put on the perfect broken-heart-nursing soul playlist.

6 September at 22:30
just feeling pretty stupid. I might have to give the liver and wallet a rest though...

7 September at 13:33
The sad irony is that the ferry alone costs about my entire remaining fortune!

9 September at 15:02 ·
I got up early after my first solid night's sleep for too long, thanks to Valerie and the repellent qualities of quinine. Went for a wander to find water and a bus station in relatively mild weather, got to the end of the block and agreed to a moto with a fairly well spoken man named Kim. Lucky thing too, as it would've taken me atleast an hour on foot. So I'm back to Phnom Penh first thing, after my less-than-adventurous seaside solo mission. I try to pay the $7 bus fare with $20 and the man says "no good". Luckily I have exact change in USD and just enough Riel left to pay Kim left on me when he drops me back at Utopia. On the 10m. walk back from the corner I'm offered weed twice.
It starts raining so I decide to take a walk to the pharmacie to get some valium and break my last $20. 15000 Riel for the box (about $4) I try to pay and she says "only Riel!". There's a 'bureau de change' right next door so I ask if I can change it and again "No good!" and she slams the window shut. It's slightly ripped and has some scribble on one side so I don't get quite what the problem is. I try the atm to realise I don't have my card. Back to my locker and to an atm about 50m. away. I'm offered weed 3 more times.
I sit back at the bar with my water and a local crackhead sits next to me and scams a ciggy. She then pulls out tiny bag of ice which she wants to sell me for $20. I refuse and try to ignore her while she sits there fidgeting with it for the next 10 minutes. Eventually she pisses off after asking the time 3 times, it's still 11. Five minutes later she's back asking for a dollar so she can go home and change. I try to be polite but it's not easy. I tell her I've only got $20 so she kindly offers to go and change it for me! 'Fuck off' seems to be universally understood.
When finally off she fucks I compare my notes; one is purple on one side instead of the usual greyish green. I've been ripped off by an atm! I know this because I only get multiples of 20 so I'm never carrying excess cash. So an extremely piss-poor forgery has slipped through the bank, somehow undetected. I am less than impressed. I'm now back at the bar and the rain's become a full-blown thunderstorm. A fitting end to my seaside holiday...
The moral of the story: Don't be me unless you've got a hell of a sense of humour.
The end.

11 September at 23:53 ·
Hey Melbourne friends, I'm due in at 8pm tomorrow with literally $1 on me! Can anyone help a brother out so I'm not just hanging there for 2 days by myself?

14 September at 12:50 · Melbourne, VIC ·
Any Melbourne people feel like saving me from the skybus in exchange for a pack of Camels or a couple of valium? Just in Fed Square. Pm for phone number if keen..
This is in the news today:
September 22 2017 - 6:28PM
'It was nothing to do with same-sex marriage': Anarchist DJ who headbutted Tony Abbott speaks out
Michael Koziol, Matt Maloney

The man who headbutted former prime minister Tony Abbott has declared it had "nothing to do" with same-sex marriage but was about his lifelong ambition to headbutt "a fascist".

Astro Labe, a 38-year-old DJ, barista and anarchist from North Hobart, told Fairfax Media he was not motivated by the marriage equality debate despite wearing a "yes" badge at the time of the attack.

"It was nothing to do with the 'yes' campaign, that was just a sticker that a friend stuck on me," he said.

"[It] was just a lifelong ambition to headbutt a fascist because I'm a skinhead that likes ska music and hates fascism. He's an evil c---, I'm an anarchist and I believe in human rights."

Mr Abbott used the assault on Friday to condemn the "ugliness" of some same-sex marriage supporters in the campaign and declared: "If you don't want to be pushed around by activists, vote 'no'."

But he conceded the offender had not specifically raised the topic of same-sex marriage during the altercation or the expletive-laden rant that followed.

Mr Labe was charged with one count of common assault and received conditional bail to appear at Hobart Magistrates Court on October 23. Fairfax Media sighted his court documents at the Republic Bar and Cafe on Friday evening as he conducted a series of media interviews.

"I headbutted him quite piss-poorly because I was quite pissed," Mr Labe said. He said he had no remorse but acknowledged his actions had harmed the "yes" campaign and said he was "really f--king embarrassed by it".

The incident came at a terrible time for the "yes" campaign, which is preparing for a massive doorknocking drive this weekend. It was forced to distance itself from the offender, and was backed by Attorney-General George Brandis, one of the government's prominent "yes" advocates.

"This man had absolutely nothing to do with those who advocate the 'yes' case," he told Sky News.

Both sides of the same-sex marriage debate insisted their campaigns would not be altered by the incident. The "yes" camp distanced itself from the actions of the "stupid clown" in Hobart, and the official "no" campaign declined to capitalise on it.

Tiernan Brady, executive director of the Equality Campaign, said all political campaigns were confronted by "people who do not represent anybody, who do stupid things".

"The terrible truth is these incidents from the fringe of both sides are literally nothing to do with what's going on in the country at large," he told Fairfax Media.

"When we see some of the dreadful posters and dreadful leaflets and violent incidents that have happened to the 'yes' side, we don't believe for one second that that is representative of what people who may not be for marriage equality think."

Monica Doumit, spokeswoman for the Coalition for Marriage, denied the incident was a political win for the "no" campaign.

"Violence is never a win. Any type of attack or intimidation is not a win. We would prefer that none of this is happening," she told Fairfax Media.

"Mr Abbott obviously has a public profile but we've seen so many examples of bad behaviour throughout this campaign that I don't think this particular incident does anything to change the momentum of the campaign."

Some Coalition MPs looked to capitalise on the alleged assault, with Liberal senator Eric Abetz claimed the headbutting incident was "a harbringer of what is likely to occur" if same-sex marriage were legalised.

Mr Abbott, who said he was "entirely unscathed" apart from a slightly swollen lip, said: "I think pretty clearly this bloke wanted to make his contribution to the current debate - only instead of doing it respectfully, he did it through a little bit of politically-motivated violence or attempted violence."

Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull labelled the attack "disgraceful" and "un-Australian" and urged calm and restraint for the remainder of the campaign.
http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/ ... mu2z.html
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: DJ Breaks Up with Khmer Bargirl Fiancee & Headbutts Tony Abbott

Post by frank lee bent »

he was lucky. Abbut was a boxer back in the day and is very fit.
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Post by prahocalypse now »

Indeed.
Funknukl is lucky that he didn't get a knuckle sandwich.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Nice title.
It has that je ne sais quoi :thumb:
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

He said the man approached him on a Hobart street last night, asked to shake his hand and then headbutted him before running away swearing and saying Mr Abbott deserved to be hit.

"It's a shock to have a fellow Australian seeking to shake your hand turn a handshake into an assault," Mr Abbott told reporters in Hobart this morning.http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-09-21/t ... rt/8970658

"Sucker punching" someone then running away, obviously a "top bloke"
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Harass me for being a feminist in a lady bar in Cambodia where I've come to see if my 22 year old fiancee actually cares for me but this bullshit is not ok nor uncommon. Is it purely the lack of a father and my extreme disdain for violence that makes me find this behaviour repulsive or are men genetically pack animals like dogs? Evolve, for fucks sake. You have a mother or a sister or both.
He sounds like a fucking moron with zero self-awareness. Other men are dogs but he's going to a hostess bar as a "feminist" so that absolves him of any guilt. And so much for his "extreme disdain for violence", that didn't last long. :?

Does anyone else think he looks like a young Noddy Holder? :
Silence, exile, and cunning.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

John Bingham wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:37 pm
He sounds like a fucking moron with zero self-awareness. Other men are dogs but he's going to a hostess bar as a "feminist" so that absolves him of any guilt. And so much for his "extreme disdain for violence", that didn't last long. :?
Agreed, complete twat flannel. "Feminist in a lady bar" :facepalm: :please:
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

Social media allows another oxygen thief to have their 15 minutes of fame.
I have my opinions on most subjects but I don't force them on anyone else and would never resort to this kind of stupidity. I am older and wiser now and realise that every time someone hits me it hurts so why look for pain?
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

Maybe he's just hates Christmas. Apparently the bummers not only control the weather, they want to ruin Chrimbo, too:
https://www.advocate.com/marriage-equal ... -christmas
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Post by tightenupvolume1 »

headbut?

charlie
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic