Prepaid internet roaming using Metfone in Thailand

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Prepaid internet roaming using Metfone in Thailand

Post by phuketrichard »

this seems like an amazing deal :thumb:

Unlimited internet ONLY $2/month. am i missing something

http://metfone.com.kh/en/service/mobile ... id-roaming#

cheaper than buying a thai sim and using the internet
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: Prepaid internet roaming using Metfone in Thailand

Post by General Mackevili »

That is too cheap. I'm guessing 1G network.

There is also an "*" near the $2 price indicating more info, but can't find that.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
monomial
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by monomial »

Using it right now in Bangkok.

Speed seems good. Roaming is through DTAC. I also have a Thai DTAC SIM card. Appears to be no difference in speed when switching between the two.

Of course, I am being very careful about how much data I use. I don't believe anyone can do unlimited data for $2, so there has to be a catch. But so far, after 657MB over the last 10 days, there has been no noticeable drop in speed, and when I do a balance check via USSD (*097#) there has been no additional charge to my account.

Seems completely legitimate as far as I can tell.
Hotdigr
Expatriate

Post by Hotdigr »

I've been using their $5 unlimited plan for about 2 years. Never a problem. It does slow down somewhat after about 3 weeks of my usage.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic