Am I being too suspicious? (Yes, clickbait)

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Am I being too suspicious? (Yes, clickbait)

Post by StroppyChops »

I'm not sure if I'm being unnecessarily suspicious, but I'm starting to think this kid's not actually a monkling.

Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Re: Am I being too suspicious? (Yes, clickbait)

Post by Anchor Moy »

Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

StroppyChops wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:32 pm I'm not sure if I'm being unnecessarily suspicious, but I'm starting to think this kid's not actually a monkling.
And not actually Cambodian, and not actually in Thailand.

Play him. :whip:
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Username Taken wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:21 pm
StroppyChops wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:32 pm I'm not sure if I'm being unnecessarily suspicious, but I'm starting to think this kid's not actually a monkling.
And not actually Cambodian, and not actually in Thailand.

Play him. :whip:
Sadly, he's not been back since my 75/25 question. I also like playing with the scammers that offer exotic parrots to free homes - I got one of these on the hook when still in Australia and got the Feds in on the game. They too asked me to stretch it for as long as possible so I was a little more subtle. Mrs Stroppy tells me that someone's offering a pair of Capuchin monkeys for free around town at the moment.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

if he was up front that he was a Nigerian scammer, id of followed up with his offer and taken the money and split, but the fact that he lied at the start means our trust is broken
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:27 pm if he was up front that he was a Nigerian scammer, id of followed up with his offer and taken the money and split, but the fact that he lied at the start means our trust is broken
Yeah, it's so hard to build trust when they won't be honest about the small things. My friend Prince Maffasa on the other hand...

Edit: I'm sending him the money so he, Mrs Stroppy and I can get married in a couple of months.
hatchelt
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by hatchelt »

I once strung one of these scams on for weeks, eventually talked him into giving me his phone number. I called him at 3 in the morning his time and blasted him with an airhorn. It was worth the £1.68 phone call to hear his sleepy voice try and carry on the scam. Toot toot!
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

hatchelt wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:59 pm I once strung one of these scams on for weeks, eventually talked him into giving me his phone number. I called him at 3 in the morning his time and blasted him with an airhorn. It was worth the £1.68 phone call to hear his sleepy voice try and carry on the scam. Toot toot!
Now THAT would be satisfying!
hatchelt
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by hatchelt »

It was the start of an amazing summer with that airhorn, oh my stars, the adventures we got up to
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic