Don't B Takin Pics of Dem Kidz and Puttin Em on Facebook...

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Don't B Takin Pics of Dem Kidz and Puttin Em on Facebook...

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Some highlights from the article:

It doesn’t matter if you are a tourist, aid worker or volunteer; the same rules apply as if you were in your home country. You can’t go up to children, take their photograph and post it to Facebook or Instagram #cute #iwantone #kidsbeingkids.[/]

Posting photos of children in poor countries is disrespectful because it assumes our own set of standards used in rich countries doesn’t apply elsewhere.

If you’re a tourist, avoid taking photos of children, no matter how cute they are. If you absolutely must take them, don’t spread them elsewhere.

If you’re an aid worker or volunteer with an NGO, for goodness’ sake, you should know better.

See more at: http://www.whydev.org/shouldnt-post-pho ... SZHMS.dpuf
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Saigon
Tourist

Re: Don't B Takin Pics of Dem Kidz and Puttin Em on Facebook

Post by Saigon »

Why would i apply different standards here than in my home country?

Because lots of standards of my home country don't apply to other places.

Sanitation.
Traffic safety.
Rule of Law.
Purchasing power.

It's a different society with different rules. Parents ask me to take photos of their kids. Sometimes i don't want to so i just pretend just to be polite.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Re: Don't B Takin Pics of Dem Kidz and Puttin Em on Facebook

Post by Anchor Moy »

Umm, is this written for children or adults ?
And, as The Rock would say, if you ever post a photograph of a child without their and their parent’s/guardian’s consent again, “The Rock will take you down Know Your Role Boulevard, which is on the corner of Jabroni Drive, and check you directly into the Smackdown Hotel!”
Aside from that, on the one hand, I would be mad if someone unknown put my photo on the internet, so I get the idea of respect for kids' privacy. But, then again, things are getting seriously out of hand if you can't take photos of any kids, including your own, BECUZ..... ?

Just stay off FB :evil:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic