Dowry

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
flying chicken
Expatriate

Dowry

Post by flying chicken »

A while ago I was talking to a European acquaintance (dont want to mention his nationality). He fell in love with a local girl and asked the girl's parents for permission to marry her. The parents demanded $35,000. Needless to say, he was baffled with asking 'price' even though he could afford it. He offered them option B: 10k towards the wedding, $200 monthly allowance for the rest of their life, buy them a house and car; and planning on leaving their daughter his inheritance in the event of his death (he didnt mention this one). And the parents still opted for option A. :ugeek:
EVERYONE BOW DOWN AND PAY EXTREME HOMAGE TO HIS MAJESTIES flying chicken©
iluvu
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Dowry

Post by iluvu »

Sounds like option a could be cheaper.
Sailorman
Expatriate

Re: Dowry

Post by Sailorman »

Very greedy (them) and not too smart (him) He should read "Private Dancer."

BTW/ I was also stupid and eventually it cost me everything in my life, but Private Dancer wasn't around when I marred a Thai witch.

"She said tomorrow Flee, and I did."
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic