bilingual education

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
boozyoldman
Expatriate
Western Sahara

bilingual education

Post by boozyoldman »

taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: bilingual education

Post by taabarang »

bom, I read it, it has nothing to do with my query.
By the way I am multilingual but too old and too burned out to teach. Hope someone else can use this info.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
OKW
Expatriate
Angola

Post by OKW »

taabarang wrote:bom, I read it, it has nothing to do with my query.
By the way I am multilingual but too old and too burned out to teach. Hope someone else can use this info.
at US wages they will find third world candidates, they are all multilingual, like most of the world outside of the US.
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by SinnSisamouth »

OKW wrote:
at US wages they will find third world candidates, they are all multilingual, like most of the world outside of the US.
dont forget all the other "english" speaking countries,australia,nz,,uk,,ireland etc
i am on these blocked lists;
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

:fuckyou:
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

"at US wages they will find third world candidates, they are all multilingual, like most of the world outside of the US."

No they aren't all multilingual, usually only bilingual. I know since I lived in Europe. In any case I don't really care since this is all irrelevant to my query.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

"this is all irrelevant to my query"

Yes, but, this isn't 'your query' thread anyway. This is boozyoldbugger's thread about an article on vdare.

This is yours >> https://cambodiaexpatsonline.com/cambodi ... 12270.html
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

OK, so it's a spin-off. Thank you for sharing.
OKW
Expatriate
Angola

Post by OKW »

taabarang wrote:"at US wages they will find third world candidates, they are all multilingual, like most of the world outside of the US."

No they aren't all multilingual, usually only bilingual. I know since I lived in Europe. In any case I don't really care since this is all irrelevant to my query.
:evil:
taabarang wrote:"at US wages they will find third world candidates, they are all multilingual, like most of the world outside of the US."

have you lived there without taking adventage of the free education provided. Last I checked, bi is multi, bi being more precise. But hey you are the native speaker, and teaching of course.
OKW
Expatriate
Angola

Post by OKW »

SinnSisamouth wrote:
OKW wrote:
dont forget all the other "english" speaking countries,australia,nz,,uk,,ireland etc
yes, most of the commonwealth greatest achivers, monolinguists mostly. Assuming everybody should ride on the wrong side of the road and thinking that Rolls Royce is a good enginge. It actuall is the third choice out of three, and those customers are commonwealth.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

"have you lived there without taking adventage of the free education provided. Last I checked, bi is multi, bi being more precise. But hey you are the native speaker, and teaching of course"

One, I no longer teach, nor have I done so for years now. Secondly when I lived there no free education was available to me. Actually I lived in Berlin and worked for a military intelligence unit that processed refugees and legally released persons. I was a Romanian, French and German linguist. I had a great job, learned a lot and improved my German tremendously. And bilingual by definition means two and only two languages. I now speak fluent although not native Cambodian so if you add English to the lot I am fluent in five languages. Not bad for a Merican.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic