ASEAN Laundry, 172 st loses your laundry

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Multipox
Expatriate
Andorra

ASEAN Laundry, 172 st loses your laundry

Post by Multipox »

Once when I went in after a reasonable time, my laundry was nowhere to be found.

The girls working there shook their heads to mean "I don't know." That is exactly the problem: they don't know.

I then started finding my pieces here and there among other people's clothes.

But some pieces were never found. The boss there offered me less than I paid for them.

I took what she offered just to be done with it.

I would say not such a reliable operation.
When I need advice about life, I just check in here.
Captain Bonez
Baked
Nigeria

Re: ASEAN Laundry, 172 st loses your laundry

Post by Captain Bonez »

None of them are really very good. The best 2 options are to get your own washing machine, or there's a chain of laundromats called 'reaksa' or 'yeaksa' (something like that) where you can pay a little extra and they use a separate machine solely for your washing and no one else. They probably just pocket the extra money though and throw your shit in with all the other peasant's stuff like normal.
If you enjoy noise pollution and obnoxious driving practices, Phnom Penh is the place for you!

This.
Multipox
Expatriate
Andorra

Post by Multipox »

Captain Bonez wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:47 pm None of them are really very good. The best 2 options are to get your own washing machine, or there's a chain of laundromats called 'reaksa' or 'yeaksa' (something like that) where you can pay a little extra and they use a separate machine solely for your washing and no one else. They probably just pocket the extra money though and throw your shit in with all the other peasant's stuff like normal.
At Golden Home just up the street, they will compensate you for what they lose.
I once got the price I paid for a pair of sox.
Captain Bonez
Baked
Nigeria

Post by Captain Bonez »

You got the whole $2 back? Impressive
If you enjoy noise pollution and obnoxious driving practices, Phnom Penh is the place for you!

This.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

A woman where I used to stay used to do my washing. She gave me back someone else's tshirt (same one) on two occasions. I should have kept it as I'm sure I lost one or two of mine. Except theirs had an elephant on it. So, no.

I really do prefer to do my own washing.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

i think its pretty common for laundry places to loose clothing, ive lost lacoste shirts n all sorts, i try n do most of my own washing these days and mainly just get my shirts washed and ironed at the laundry places now
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
markd
Expatriate
Zimbabwe

Post by markd »

another laundry horror story occurs in udonthani thailand, i take a load of laundry in to one of the lady launderers near rajabhat university & then when i unpack it at home it smells.
i go straight to the white tshirt with 'BANGKOK' printed on the front in large yellow letters & it hadnt been done. the armpits absolutely stunk.
took it in again on the subsequent occasion & same again.
when i asked around about this at farang street, apparently its because in udon they red shirts & hate bangkok so she wouldnt have done it...go figure
thru shit to more shit
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

I don't even use a laundry service and I'm still screwed over with my clothes.
We have our own washing machine, but if I put my clothes in the basket to get washed, it can take weeks to find my clothes again.
I have about a dozen pair of socks, but none of them match. Go figure.
I prefer to wash my own when no-ones home. Hang out to dry and bring back in to hang up. That's the only way I can keep track of my clothes.

:facepalm:

And, I didn't even mention my light colored work shirts that come back with red, blue or green streaks. [Five shirts destroyed in one day alone.]
Bern
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by Bern »

I've had good luck with the laundry on Street 15 near Street 130. Nothing major has ever been lost and once when I mentioned about a lost item, might have been socks they gave me a couple of bucks. Very nice ladies work there, 24 hour service most of the time and not expensive.
Multipox
Expatriate
Andorra

Post by Multipox »

Captain Bonez wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:54 pm You got the whole $2 back? Impressive
I got the whole $6 (COUNT 'EM) back!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic