Police in Poipet Search for Acid Attacker (Victim Silent)

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Police in Poipet Search for Acid Attacker (Victim Silent)

Post by General Mackevili »

Well, I was upset when I first read this, as I think these acid attacks are despicable. But statistically, acid attacks in Cambodia are way down since 2010.

This is only the second acid attack in Cambodia this year! At this rate it's possible we'll only have one more acid attack before January 1, 2015! That's a 0% increase over last year. WooHoo!

And they better find the fucker responsible. Should be easy if it is because of a "love triangle."

Acid attack victim won’t talk

Police in Banteay Meanchey’s Poipet town are searching for the perpetrator of an acid attack who the victim so far refuses to identify.

Thirty-year-old Tang Mouy Chou was doused with acid on Monday afternoon while she was eating noodles for lunch at a market.

Chou, who is currently recovering at Mongkol Borei hospital, suffered burns to 20 per cent of her body and was hit on her head and arm in the attack, according to the hospital’s director, Chanyuthy Thynavuth. Her condition is not critical.

Police do not know the exact motive behind the attack.

“We are trying to get more information from her, but we suspect it is because of a love triangle,” said Um Sophal, Poipet town police chief.

Sophal said three other perople received light injuries during the attack, but that they are fine now.

“Three people were burned a little by the acid because they were near the victim, so the acid spread to them,” Sophal said.

Thynavuth said Chou was the only victim sent to his hospital on Monday evening, and that she is not talking to anyone about her attacker.

Vy Vireak of Poipet commune police could not be reached for comment on the incident yesterday.

Erin Bourgois, project manager for the Cambodian Acid Survivor’s Charity, said on Monday that the attacks are commonly caused by a “breakdown in relationships” and that some victims do not identify their attackers out of fear of reprisal.

“Recovery can be a long process,” Bourgois said. “We have survivors who were attacked 10 years ago who we still see today.”

Three acid attacks were recorded in.....

...click link to continue reading and to view the G-rated picture...

By Mom Kunthear

http://phnompenhpost.com/national/acid- ... 0%99t-talk
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Re: Police in Poipet Search for Acid Attacker (Victim Silent

Post by StroppyChops »

A friend of ours who is a walking seller at Psar TTP is an acid burn victim, she's one if the most beautiful, positive people we know. Watching tourists not bother to hide their revulsion at her injuries saddens and infuriates me.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
flying chicken
Expatriate

Post by flying chicken »

Acid attack is my least concern in Poipet. The number of unreported deaths relating to drugs/money will make you chill. One wrong move, you are gone! Just like that!
EVERYONE BOW DOWN AND PAY EXTREME HOMAGE TO HIS MAJESTIES flying chicken©
taranis
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by taranis »

404 Not Found
Last edited by taranis on Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
God Forgives. I don't!
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

I'd have no issues with lining them up along the wall, but only after they'd worked off the medical bills and compensation to the victim. In fact if you did the 'nine blanks, one bullet' squad I reckon I'd even participate. Acid bombing is one of the most animalistic acts a 'human' can deliberately do to another, and the outcome is fully intended.
Digg3r
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by Digg3r »

StroppyChops wrote:I'd have no issues with lining them up along the wall, but only after they'd worked off the medical bills and compensation to the victim. In fact if you did the 'nine blanks, one bullet' squad I reckon I'd even participate. Acid bombing is one of the most animalistic acts a 'human' can deliberately do to another, and the outcome is fully intended.
So your good Christian self would happily participate in murder?

As for 9 blanks? Not so sure about that. In Utah where they still have the firing squad option there are five shooters. Four live rounds and one blank.

Execution is still murder and being state sanctioned doesn't make it right it actually makes it worse as the laws (and punishments) should reflect the society we strive for i.e. humane.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

I respect that you have a point of view.
khmerinade
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by khmerinade »

Digg3r wrote:
StroppyChops wrote:I'd have no issues with lining them up along the wall, but only after they'd worked off the medical bills and compensation to the victim. In fact if you did the 'nine blanks, one bullet' squad I reckon I'd even participate. Acid bombing is one of the most animalistic acts a 'human' can deliberately do to another, and the outcome is fully intended.
So your good Christian self would happily participate in murder?

As for 9 blanks? Not so sure about that. In Utah where they still have the firing squad option there are five shooters. Four live rounds and one blank.

Execution is still murder and being state sanctioned doesn't make it right it actually makes it worse as the laws (and punishments) should reflect the society we strive for i.e. humane.
You are right. It would be wrong to murder them. That would be too easy. Just pour acid on the perpetrator and let them suffer for the rest of their lives as the victims of acid attacks do..

In your opinion, digg, what is the proper punishment?
Digg3r
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by Digg3r »

Life in prison for attempted murder or assault causing life long injuries.

State sanctioned acid attacks would also constitute cruel and unusual punishment.
khmerinade
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by khmerinade »

Digg3r wrote:Life in prison for attempted murder or assault causing life long injuries.

State sanctioned acid attacks would also constitute cruel and unusual punishment.

Life in prison is reasonable. I could agree with that.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic