Flying Isn't What It Used To Be...

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Flying Isn't What It Used To Be...

Post by General Mackevili »

Ha! I just saw this on Facebook. It's fucking true! ! !

"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Hotdigr
Expatriate

Re: Flying Isn't What It Used To Be...

Post by Hotdigr »

Ah, you young guys are soft! You don't remember the good old days of the 70's?!
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Hotdigr wrote:Ah, you young guys are soft! You don't remember the good old days of the 70's?!
You make me feel so young again.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

General Mackevili wrote:
Hotdigr wrote:Ah, you young guys are soft! You don't remember the good old days of the 70's?!
You make me feel so young again.

And I remember the good old days of the 1960's on my first trip away from ''home '' was on the Oriental Queen, a old war 2 boat owned and run by the Japs. Flying was only for rich tourists then.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
The Add Jay
Expatriate
Libya

Post by The Add Jay »

when mh370 happened I got all into plane crashes. some fantastic websites dedicated to investigations. Also found one with black box recordings. The last words some of the pilots said have been so epic and I totally admire some of them. The most common I have seen is...FUCK! Lmao

I got so into reading them that my khmer gf put down her smart phone watching shitty khmer horror movie and got into some of the stories.

The saddest have been TWA 800 and Pacific Southwest Airlines, Flight 182.

http://www.planecrashinfo.com/lastwords.htm

LOT Polish Airlines was said by the entire crew...awesome.

As for the situation with MH17...how come no word or mention of what air traffic control had to say? just blame russia. Complete bullshit. Just like how Assad used chemical weapons on his people. I dont believe a single word the new liberal world order has to say.
You're a nobody in the gutter with a Smartphone in your a hand.

Ordinem ad Imperium
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

Years ago someone put out a book with all the last words said before crashing. My favorite was from a pilot crashing straight down into a field. "Look at all the damn cabbages!!
wackyjacky
Expatriate

Post by wackyjacky »

Flying has been a pain in the balls since 9/11. I don't think it's gotten more dangerous, just less fun. I've always been a 'miles whore' and have been lucky enough to sit up front dozens of times. I still don't look forward to it, even in 1st.
dagenham
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by dagenham »

The Add Jay wrote:when mh370 happened I got all into plane crashes. some fantastic websites dedicated to investigations. Also found one with black box recordings. The last words some of the pilots said have been so epic and I totally admire some of them. The most common I have seen is...FUCK! Lmao

I got so into reading them that my khmer gf put down her smart phone watching shitty khmer horror movie and got into some of the stories.

The saddest have been TWA 800 and Pacific Southwest Airlines, Flight 182.

http://www.planecrashinfo.com/lastwords.htm

LOT Polish Airlines was said by the entire crew...awesome.

As for the situation with MH17...how come no word or mention of what air traffic control had to say? just blame russia. Complete bullshit. Just like how Assad used chemical weapons on his people. I dont believe a single word the new liberal world order has to say.
"I dont believe a single word the new liberal world order has to say."

C'mon, Mr. AJ... so the Bushes (both of them) are your heroes? Reagan?

Of course, that "Nigger Arab" in the White House plotted, executed and funded 911, right?

The entire media system is controlled by radical left-wing Faggot Jews bent on controlling the banking sector and destroying the "family values" of ordinary Americans, eh?

Chemical weapons are a myth, right? The photos were are an elaborate drama done by paid actors (employed by Obama of course).

Global warming is a pack of lies perpetuated by Nazi Greenpeace to drain precious resources from the domestic arms industry?

The ownership of personal automatic tactical weapons in the USA is the most sacred right of all?

The Malaysian flight is not missing actually, Obama has it hidden inside an underground bunker...and on and an and on...yep, the liberal agenda is destroying the very fabric of modern life...
Winston Churchill said, "Have a cigar, a glass of brandy, pet your dog and get a blow job daily for a productive and fulfilling life"
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Ah, the good old days; when the back of the plane was a smoking area, and when you asked for a second glass of champagne they gave you the bottle to finish...we had some great parties on the longhaul flights.
A friend who was boarding with a 3 ft long samourai sword just gave it to the cabin crew to keep upfront and they gave it back after landing. When you think that even a tube of toothpaste can get confiscated these days...

Flying longhaul, even in economy, used to be kind of fun - just boring now. :beer1:
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Anchor Moy wrote:A friend who was boarding with a 3 ft long samourai sword just gave it to the cabin crew to keep upfront and they gave it back after landing. When you think that even a tube of toothpaste can get confiscated these days...
I travel with hypodermics - and have never once had them checked. What a colossal weakness in the security system.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic