Advice on Condo's on Arrival in PP

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
gavinbrisbane
Expatriate

Advice on Condo's on Arrival in PP

Post by gavinbrisbane »

Hi Again,

Does anyone know or have any thoughts or experiences in staying at this establishment for when I first arrive? (details below) - just until I get my bearings and do what I have to do for the first few weeks - while I am getting 'set up' kind-of thing? I know it is not dead center of PP, but looks to be reasonably 'central'.

Obviously I am relocating, so I am not a backpacker, I like my own space and privacy. I do not wish to sign a lease on the first day (maybe for 1 month if it is reasonably clean), nor do I wish to stay in an expensive hotel.

Basically will be looking to stay somewhere short term (up to 3 months perhaps??) maybe longer if it turns out to be 'reasonable accommodation', location and I am happy there.

I don't need much, am only by myself......somewhere with no bedbugs preferably!! :roll:

Condominiums – From $100US a Month
Condo Number 49Eo, St.230, Sangkat Psar Demkor, Khan Toul Kok, Phnon Penh.

(50meters from City Mall Supermarket and Legend Cinema, 90 metres from Duem Kor Market)
Room Price:

==> Single fan Bed: First and Second Floor = 115$, Third and Fourth Floor = 100$.
==> Twin fan bedrooms:First and Second Floor = 135$, Third and Fourth Floor = 125$.
==> Single air-conditioning bedroom: First and Second Floor = 135$, Third Floor = 125$.
==> Twin air-conditioning bedrooms: First and Second Floor = 155$, Third Floor = 145$.

email: [email protected] if we can be of any further assistance.
Phone: 015312187(English line)

Please do not hesitate to contact us via 012251499(Khmer line)

There is also this listing - but it is not available as yet from what I can understand - but it might be in a few months perhaps? (Opposite the Preah Kossamak Hospital)

http://www.khmer24.com/-adid-1337664.html

Cheers
Gav
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Re: Advice on Condo's on Arrival in PP

Post by Cam Nivag »

Are there photos? $100 - $145 is so cheap that I'd have think the accommodation would suck.

Here's another ad for the same address, this could be the place.

I would call these "rooms" or "large windowless closets," not condos.

http://khmeradz.com/real-estate/rooms-f ... rent_i5607
gavinbrisbane
Expatriate

Post by gavinbrisbane »

That must be it, same address, the site I retrieved the details off of had no photos....

yes, windowless closets as you say, I think my garden shed might have more ventilation (and more of a view).

I will still keep it in mind for a 'very short' stay unless I find something else in the meantime - it looks clean, but then looks can be deceiving...

Cheers

:thumb:
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

Just a couple of options to consider. Lux Apartments on Riverside are good. They're fully serviced western style and go from $750-$900 a month long term. You can get them for just a month. I used to live there. I was on the 9th floor, which was very quiet. The place is very convenient and good parking but not the best value for money. http://www.luxriversidehotels.com/

Mekong Gardens over on Chroy Changvar Peninsular are good value at $500 per month plus. Western style fully equipped and serviced with gym, pool and secure parking. They are located right on the Mekong, and you can rent from a month up. Its about 8k out of town on route 6A so you really need your own transport. Takes about 10-15 minutes on a moto to get to the riverside.http://www.mekong-gardens.com/index.php?page=gallery

frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

someone told me Mekong Tower at Chroy Changvar had hotel rooms for 150/month.
not sure if true
gavinbrisbane
Expatriate

Post by gavinbrisbane »

Thanks,

Will have a look, I think it is the "Mekong View Hotel" - from $500 p/m, that is not too bad for starters, until I see where I am at exactly, better than the closet I was looking at!

Will have a look at the Mekong Gardens as well...... I think they still start around $500 + as well ...

The Chroy Changvar looks like a nice area....

:)
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

Lux is right smack dab in the heart of the red light district on Street 136. You might consider that a pro or a con.
gavinbrisbane
Expatriate

Post by gavinbrisbane »

Despite the con's, there could be a lot of pro's in that location......

:ROFL2:

Thanks for the heads up!

:beer:
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: RE: Re: Advice on Condo's on Arrival in PP

Post by kiwiincambodia »

gavinbrisbane wrote:Despite the con's, there could be a lot of pro's in that location......

:ROFL2:

Thanks for the heads up!

:beer:
gavinbrisbane
Expatriate

Post by gavinbrisbane »

Anyway - How did we get here??? hahaha :ROFL2:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic