Battery powered fans

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
KickingWithRedLabel
Expatriate
United States of America

Battery powered fans

Post by KickingWithRedLabel »

Last night we were without power for about 90 mins or so. I can take the darkness but not the lack of fans. I have seen different battery powered fans on the local market but worried that they might have a low running time. Does anyone have any good experience with battery powered fans?
TheGrinchSR
Expatriate

Re: Battery powered fans

Post by TheGrinchSR »

There's a combination fan and light system that they sell in Akira in Siem Reap - lasts about 90-120 minutes once the power goes out. Does a decent job too.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

I had a look around about 2 years ago, ended up buying a Chinese one ( I know, but couldn't find a Japanese one). Was around $50, battery lasted about 4-5 hours with the fan on low.

Would switch on automatically when the power went off.

It died after a year, battery burnt out, how unusual for Chinese goods.

May buy a battery this time around.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Fourkinnel
Expatriate
Tonga

Post by Fourkinnel »

Bought one about 5 years ago. around $30. About 1m tall, brand name Tioomly. model kn-2312
This is the only battery powered thing that I've never changed te battery on. It used to go for near 4 hours on full charge. Normal fan on mains, cuts in battery when power cut. Now will give me about 1.5 hours.
Sidewalker
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by Sidewalker »

Why not buying a UPS? I have 2 Prolink UPS, one for the computer and my hamradio, the other one for a small lamp and fan. I bought them by PTC Computer in P.P., a 1200V/A cost $64. Plug the UPS on the net and your fan in the UPS and everything go's automatic.
There are people who cannot imagine that there are other ways of life than their own life. :facepalm:
Fourkinnel
Expatriate
Tonga

Post by Fourkinnel »

You have to dumb down that annoying Beep Beep by opening the UPS and sticking a bit of silicon sealer over the small speaker. That is if you want to sleep!
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

might have to invest in one of these fans lol
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
MONEYBACKGUARANTEE
Tourist

Post by MONEYBACKGUARANTEE »

Any fan can be powered by batteries. Buy a deep cycle battery and an inverter.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic