A quality reasonably priced hospital in HCM?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

A quality reasonably priced hospital in HCM?

Post by taabarang »

It looks like I'm going to require a few days in a hospital. I can't afford Thailand and have to settle for 2nd best. Please do not tell me about Cambodian hospitals or foreign doctors here. I've experienced both but I will need to stay in a hospital-for a few days I hope. If you have lived there and had this experience I would love to hear from you. And please, time is an issue so please answer ASAP. Thank you for your help.
Last edited by taabarang on Mon May 25, 2015 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
ryoon
Expatriate

Re: A quality reasonably priced hospital in HCM?

Post by ryoon »

http://www.royalphnompenhhospital.com/

Do not know about the price but would trust them on the quality.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

Please HCM city only.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Last year I met a young German guy, who had spent time in a Vietnam hospital after a accident, and had a broken hip bone, plus. He said the hospital had the very latest medical equipment, even better than most hospitals in Germany. I guess he should know, as he was employed in the industry where they make scanners, x rays and robots for keyhole surgery.

Sorry Tarra , I cannot remember the name of the hospital and Vietnam may not be the second best choice, It may be the very best choice.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

Look, it's a straightforward serious question that needs an answer soon. The name of an expensive hospital in PP or the name of a hospital somewhere in Vietnam which you have forgotten is as useless as the tits on a boar.
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Post by juansweetpotato »

Hi, I haven't posted this before because I don't have very much info to share, but you seem fairly desperate and no one else has posted.

Most foreign teachers I spoke to in HCMC when I was living there for 16 months were using a hospital in Phu My Hung district (south) called FV.
https://www.google.com.kh/maps/place/FV ... 3c2008990b

http://fvhospital.com/en/
There website is in English.

FV HOSPITAL
6 Nguyen Luong Bang St., Saigon South (Phu My Hung), Dist. 7, HCMC
Tel: (08) 54 11 33 33
Fax: (08) 54 11 33 34
Email: [email protected]

They are not the most expensive either, although teachers get paid a hell a lot more in Vietnam so I hope they are in your price range.

This is where I can't be of too much help: I heard mixed reports about them and their service. I think, If I had had a problem I would have used them myself. Definitely worth a look at I would say.

Cheers
Good luck
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

taabarang wrote:Look, it's a straightforward serious question that needs an answer soon. The name of an expensive hospital in PP or the name of a hospital somewhere in Vietnam which you have forgotten is as useless as the tits on a boar.

Thanks' to sweetpotato, I now recall the letters FV [ hospital ]

I believe tits on a wild boar are not useless any more , they are a delicacy in Chinese medicine . You should try some it may cure your medical condition.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

I will consider myself desperate when I sit down to a plate of boar tits. However juansweetpotato I appreciate an honest input.
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Post by juansweetpotato »

Sounds like Duncan has some stories to tell about FV. Care to share?
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

juansweetpotato wrote:Sounds like Duncan has some stories to tell about FV. Care to share?

Already told all I know.

Duncan wrote:Last year I met a young German guy, who had spent time in a Vietnam hospital after a accident, and had a broken hip bone, plus. He said the hospital had the very latest medical equipment, even better than most hospitals in Germany. I guess he should know, as he was employed in the industry where they make scanners, x rays and robots for keyhole surgery.

Sorry Tarra , I cannot remember the name of the hospital and Vietnam may not be the second best choice, It may be the very best choice.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic