Marriott hotel ( CourtWellyard )

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Kigna
BANNED
St Lucia

Marriott hotel ( CourtWellyard )

Post by Kigna »

Well, after booking and paying for the 14 days quarantine hotel ( Marriott) on Saturday, they reply today that if I leave Thailand, the hotel will not accept the reservation. Where will my money go (1996 usd) ? I'll wait for an answer tomorrow.

Email from Marriott hotel:

Dear Mr. Xxxx

Thank you for your room reservation with Courtyard by Marriott Phnom Penh. I found your reservation made under Cambodian rate, therefore please kindly clarify whethere you hold K-Visa.

Kindly please provide us the following information in order for us to issue your final confirmation letter. Once that is issued, please print it out and present it to the immigration counter when you arrive at Phnom Penh International Airport.

Guest name/s with passport number/s and nationality
Flight Number & Arrival Time (for airport pick up)
Number of luggage items
Completed Consent Form (attached)

TRAVEL ALERT: Please note that in line with the latest notification from Cambodia’s Ministry of Health, we currently cannot accept Alternative State Quarantine guests who have visited India, Thailand and Vietnam within 21 days prior to arriving in Cambodia. We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience. For prior arrangements and bookings that have been made, a full refund will be processed. This announcement will be subject to change at short notice by the Cambodia Government. Rest assured, we will update you immediately if there are any changes to these guidelines that would affect future travelers and ASQ bookings. We appreciate your understanding at this time.

Thank you and look forward to receive the above information.

PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Marriott hotel ( CourtWellyard )

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

That has been the case for several weeks now...travellers from Thailand, Vietnam & India are not allowed to pre-book any of the 4 approved ASQ hotels as they are considered high risk and will be sent to a dedicated quarantine hotel assigned by the MoH. Most reports indicate travellers from Thailand are being sent to the the Dyvith Hotel. Previously was the same for UK passport holders, but that restriction has now been lifted.

You will get your money refunded as long as you can show proof that you are travelling from Thailand.
Kigna
BANNED
St Lucia

Post by Kigna »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:00 am That has been the case for several weeks now...travellers from Thailand, Vietnam & India are not allowed to pre-book any of the 4 approved ASQ hotels as they are considered high risk and will be sent to a dedicated quarantine hotel assigned by the MoH. Most reports indicate travellers from Thailand are being sent to the the Dyvith Hotel. Previously was the same for UK passport holders, but that restriction has now been lifted.

You will get your money refunded as long as you can show proof that you are travelling from Thailand.

Thanks for the reply, but still it is not fair. There is nowhere written about this restriction for those coming from Thailand. I am really pissed off. I have already paid around 2000 usd for this hotel. And now I will have to bring another 2000 usd to the airport. It's unfair, total crap.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

From reading some reports even with quarantine hotel booked and paid for your still needing the $2000 cash to show at departure with some airlines.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

I found your reservation made under Cambodian rate, therefore please kindly clarify whether you hold K-Visa.

Where does it say in the booking T&C's that this is for Khmer or K Visa holders only at that price? It's $1980+++.

https://www.marriott.com/offers/quarant ... -off-27502
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

atst wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:54 am From reading some reports even with quarantine hotel booked and paid for your still needing the $2000 cash to show at departure with some airlines.
Precisely, plus there is this clause in the ASQ hotel directive...

atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Doc67 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:46 am
I found your reservation made under Cambodian rate, therefore please kindly clarify whether you hold K-Visa.

Where does it say in the booking T&C's that this is for Khmer or K Visa holders only at that price? It's $1980+++.

https://www.marriott.com/offers/quarant ... -off-27502
F that room looks like it doesn't even have a window to open.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

atst wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:10 am F that room looks like it doesn't even have a window to open.
Few new, international-branded hotels do these days.
Darkcel
Expatriate
Angola

Post by Darkcel »

Will you get the money back? Or will they steal 2k from you?
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

No balconies and no windows that open in rooms at the Marriott.. oh, and no alcohol can be purchased either.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic