Orthopedic assistance needed

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
HappyChappy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Orthopedic assistance needed

Post by HappyChappy »

Had a moto crash the other day and I don't think anythings broken bit my shoulder is not in a good way. With no insurance and my wages cut due to covid I need to see someone compitant yet cheap.

Any suggestion?
Last edited by HappyChappy on Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
FOJ
Expatriate

Re: Pediatric assistance needed

Post by FOJ »

Do you mean orthopedic?
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

FOJ wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:46 am Do you mean orthopedic?
No, competent.

I have good experiences with physiotherapy Phnom Penh. But they're not cheap.
bossho
Aging Tweaker
United States of America

Re: Orthopedic assistance needed

Post by bossho »

[quote=HappyChappy post_id=506296 time=1628570611 user_id=17102]
Had a moto crash the other day and I don't think anythings broken bit my shoulder is not in a good way. With no insurance and my wages cut due to covid I need to see someone compitant yet cheap.

Any suggestion?
[/quote]

Hello again Sir, it is verging on difficult to read your plea here due to the grammar errors and usage of a non word (anythings). I feel for you though, and I have bad news for you. I broke my shoulder ( the ball end cap of my medulla actually) when I was 14 on a dare from my friends while sledding on a cold upstate NY night. That injury has been with me ever since. I don't believe a Doc visit or two is what you are in for for your recovery.

If there are broken bone area (s) then it is what is. Casting it is probably not going to help you long term.

I have some ideas for long term recovery and the physical therapists here do come highly recommended but are going to cost you more than you might be willing. Could you please tell us a bit more of the current state of the shoulder and I' ll research and help where I can. I won't bark about the writing but please review it and edit before posting or just after posting you can edit for 10 minutes or so and your plea will be received better and you will get higher quality help here. Also consider a photo or two to illustrate the current state of your shoulder.
Chuck Borris
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Chuck Borris »

Don"t Eat The Yellow Snow.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Kammekor wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:13 pm
FOJ wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:46 am Do you mean orthopedic?
No, competent.

I have good experiences with physiotherapy Phnom Penh. But they're not cheap.
Seconded.

I went to a local initially who made my knee a whole lot worse. Physiotherapists can do that if they are not actually physiotherapists. Then I found PPP.

Xrays are cheap, you should get one. Scans not so much.

Go and see PPP and grit your teeth, it's probably going to hurt in more ways than one.
bossho
Aging Tweaker
United States of America

Post by bossho »

Chuck Borris wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:35 pm Image
Good humor CB, and to his crowd that got a chuckle, my point was simply that dude's got the rest of his life to deal with the new joint injury. I've been coping with mine for 40 years now and it's never been right and it never will be but you do what you can to re hab it and compensate. OP if you are still experiencing swelling perhaps ice with compression and elevate the affected areas for 20 minutes max. followed by heat for 20 minute and repeat that cycle a few times. You can use some anti inflammatory OTC drugs as directed on label and you can get codeine for pain if its unbearable. Check out Web MD or similar for your specific condition i.e. you can certainly tie off to isolate and protect the affected areas now.
Grand Barong
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Grand Barong »

People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.
Last edited by Grand Barong on Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grand Barong
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Grand Barong »

[/url][/url]
bossho wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:51 pm
HappyChappy wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:43 am Had a moto crash the other day and I don't think anythings broken bit my shoulder is not in a good way. With no insurance and my wages cut due to covid I need to see someone compitant yet cheap.

Any suggestion?
Hello again Sir, it is verging on difficult to read your plea here due to the grammar errors and usage of a non word (anythings). I feel for you though, and I have bad news for you. I broke my shoulder ( the ball end cap of my medulla actually) when I was 14 on a dare from my friends while sledding on a cold upstate NY night. That injury has been with me ever since. I don't believe a Doc visit or two is what you are in for for your recovery.

If there are broken bone area (s) then it is what is. Casting it is probably not going to help you long term.

I have some ideas for long term recovery and the physical therapists here do come highly recommended but are going to cost you more than you might be willing. Could you please tell us a bit more of the current state of the shoulder and I' ll research and help where I can. I won't bark about the writing but please review it and edit before posting or just after posting you can edit for 10 minutes or so and your plea will be received better and you will get higher quality help here. Also consider a photo or two to illustrate the current state of your shoulder.
I have highlighted a few areas of your own writing that needs attention, Perhaps spend some time checking your own grammar and use of correct words yourself before criticising others.

You broke your medulla? how did that go for you? The medulla oblongata (medulla) is one of the three regions that make up the brainstem.

But it is what is huh? :ROFL:
Gazzy
Expatriate
South Africa

Post by Gazzy »

Has he even had an x-ray? Surely the first course of action, no?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic