Do pregnant Cambodian women commonly do photo shoots showing off their massive stomachs?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Sweet Lemon
Expatriate

Do pregnant Cambodian women commonly do photo shoots showing off their massive stomachs?

Post by Sweet Lemon »

My wife is pregnant. Last week she asked if I'd be interested in going to a photo studio and having photos done with her to commemorate the occasion. I said no. She seemed hurt and said she would go alone. Fine with me.

This week my wife shared a photo that a very pregnant female acquaintance of hers had shared on Facebook. It was a selfie of her at home in a bikini or bra and panties showing off her massive 9 month pregnant-looking stomach.

Just yesterday I happened upon the FB page of a bargirl I used to know and saw a professional type photo of her in a state of pregnancy with her husband, showing off her bare stomach.

What is going on here? Is this a new trend? Is it an old trend I never heard of before? Is it mandatory for Western men who marry and knock up Cambodian women to do this?
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Re: Do pregnant Cambodian women commonly do photo shoots showing off their massive stomachs?

Post by newkidontheblock »

Missus joined this pregnant mom FB group. Sends me scores of cute baby photos and yes the 9 month pregnant in a bikini photos as well. Since then the calls for baby fever have increased. Interestingly enough, none refer to their husbands. Only baby daddy’s. Not a mention of supportive families either.

I personally these ideas corrupt the female brain.

But it makes them happy. Happy woman makes happy life for man.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Do pregnant Cambodian women commonly do photo shoots showing off their massive stomachs?

Post by Mishmash »

It's trending... for some weird female brain reason that is impossible to fathom.

As NKOTB says - make the lady happy, you won't regret that!

Then expect every month or so to look at the pics on 'request'
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

Oh daahling look at my new I phone
I have a new kitchen
My hubby bough me a new lexus
Oh, please dear friends. you are sooooo Passeeee. Look at my babybump
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

I’ve no idea, but when SWMBO was about 8months, and could balance a coffee glass on what was to be Freightdog jr, my heart did a skip.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

The new 2020 trend will be barangs having a photo shoot session showing off their bare beer belly
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Sweet Lemon wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:16 pm Is it an old trend I never heard of before?
Yep, Demi Moore started it yonks ago..

Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Duncan wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:02 am The new 2020 trend will be barangs having a photo shoot session showing off their bare beer belly
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Brody wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:02 am
Duncan wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:02 am The new 2020 trend will be barangs having a photo shoot session showing off their bare beer belly
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Can we start with the General?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic