Can I get canning equipment in Cambodia? and where

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
daeum_tnaot
Expatriate
Nepal

Can I get canning equipment in Cambodia? and where

Post by daeum_tnaot »

Hello,

We are recently finishing a harvest and as we have such an excess, I considered the old method of canning (which is actually putting it in a jar and sealing it). Does anyone know whether there type of canning jars are available in Cambodia? If so, where would I get it?

See for example this article: https://www.seriouseats.com/2012/02/how ... cipes.html
Clemen
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Can I get canning equipment in Cambodia? and where

Post by Clemen »

I have a friend who cans, they told me Lucky in Phnom Penh had jars, rings, and seals. I asked them about Weck jars and they said they hadn't found them here.
I personally have not looked, but I'd try Lucky
up to you...
daeum_tnaot
Expatriate
Nepal

Post by daeum_tnaot »

Thank you Clemen, I went to Lucky, Bayon and Thai Huot yesterday. None of them had canning jars, ony Thai Huot had something that looked like a canning jar but it's kind of like a fake one for fashion purposes. And also $5 for only one! : )

Is there a particular Lucky market that you area talking about? I went to the one on Sihanouk Boulevard. I didn't see anything there and it seems unlikely as it's a fairly small store.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

daeum_tnaot wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:45 am Thank you Clemen, I went to Lucky, Bayon and Thai Huot yesterday. None of them had canning jars, ony Thai Huot had something that looked like a canning jar but it's kind of like a fake one for fashion purposes. And also $5 for only one! : )

Is there a particular Lucky market that you area talking about? I went to the one on Sihanouk Boulevard. I didn't see anything there and it seems unlikely as it's a fairly small store.
Do a search way back maybe 4 years ago,, this site or the other, where someone was sell some they had bought . Just an off chance of some info.

Also , AGEE Preserving Jars ,,, E,Bay Made in Australia.

https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=Awr9J.z ... 532KW7kLM-
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Clemen
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clemen »

I will have to ask them. They just said lucky in Phnom Penh.
One the members here, @Patcan Makes pickles maybe pm him
up to you...
daeum_tnaot
Expatriate
Nepal

Post by daeum_tnaot »

Clemen wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:23 pm I will have to ask them. They just said lucky in Phnom Penh.
That would be great if you have a chance to ask them. Let me see if I can find Patcan.

My internet connection is difficult so actions are delayed.
daeum_tnaot
Expatriate
Nepal

Post by daeum_tnaot »

Clemen wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:23 pm I will have to ask them. They just said lucky in Phnom Penh.
I don't see Patcan in the members list. Is that the right member name?
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

daeum_tnaot wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:09 pm
I don't see Patcan in the members list. Is that the right member name?
Check this link:
general-buy-and-sell/home-grown-italian ... 67-40.html

Also try MTC Master Taste (Cambodia) Co., Ltd. https://www.yp.com.kh/listings/kh28515- ... dia-co-ltd

truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Post by truffledog »

probably any restaurant serving breakfast will have empty jam jars..just ask them to keep them for you. You need to sterilize them first anyway, even if you buy new ones. I do lots of preserving (sour, salt,sugar & oil preserves) here in Italy.´If you need first hand experience I will be glad to help you.
work is for people who cant find truffles
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic