COPD inhaler med available?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
jose.joven
Tourist
United States of America

COPD inhaler med available?

Post by jose.joven »

My wife and I will be traveling through Cambodia this winter. I was recently prescribed "Symbicort" inhaler for COPD. Does anyone know if it is available in Cambodia? Do I need a local prescription? Ballpark cost per inhaler? Thanks in advance for any information.
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: COPD inhaler med available?

Post by cptrelentless »

there are no "prescriptions" in Cambodia. If you can find someone to sell you your shit then you are golden. No uppers, so no ritilin etc but other Indian fakes are fine. Is there an Indian knockoff of your drug?
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

OP - Symbicort is available in India and there seems to be an Indian generic as well. Don’t just ask for the brand name ‘Symbicort’. Ask for the generic name -
Budesonide and fomoterol fumerate Inhalation aerosol. There are 2 different strengths the 80 mcg and the 160 mcg Budesonide. Good luck!
Feelgood
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Feelgood »

Was looking at one today on the shelf at U Care Phnom Penh.

Around 20 dollars. Any problem you can go to Pharmacy la Gare, they sell all medicine's for COPD
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic