Looking for a motorbike pick up

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Whatsupdoc
Expatriate
Cambodia

Looking for a motorbike pick up

Post by Whatsupdoc »

Hi everyone,
I'm moving to another place tomorrow here in Phnom Penh and I'm looking for a motorbike pick up to move my stuff.

Area is Daun Penh (near Royal Palace), distance is about 1 km further. Two rides should move everything.
Anyone knows a reliable driver who is available on Thursday (28/11) in the morning ?
Thanks
in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king - Erasmus
Whatsupdoc
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Looking for a motorbike pick up

Post by Whatsupdoc »

Nobody ? Or maybe a small van would do.
frizzie77
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by frizzie77 »

There used to be a bunch of small pick up trucks for hire on Street 63 between St. 172 and St. 158
You can even see them on Google Maps:
https://www.google.com/maps/@11.5654369 ... 312!8i6656

Not sure if they're still there.

Important for them to know is on which floor you are. Years ago I hired a truck to move and when the guy arrived, he immediately took off as it was "too high" (I was on the fourth floor). Luckily I knew about this place on St. 63 so a replacement was quickly arranged.
Whatsupdoc
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Whatsupdoc »

Thanks Frizzie77, will take a look this afternoon as it is nearby.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

There's also a bunch of small ad bigger lorries available for rent on 154 near Sorya Mall. Usually pretty cheap if just for a short while. If you don't have much, then a few tuktuk rides is probably easier.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic