Problem with "2500 usd employment letter" been notarized

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Adventure30715
Tourist
Hungary

Post by Adventure30715 »

Hey everyone,

My employer issued for me the 2500$ plus income requirement letter, but i tackled another issue

My ministry of interior/embassy in my home country doesn't notarize such type of documents. The officer claimed:" only public documents such as birth certificate, personal status certificate, marriage certificate and else can be notarized by us. Any type of personal document such as employment letter can be notarized by a qualified lawyer in my country."

When PSD-KIWI user mentioned many times here in the forum:" This letter also needs to be notarised by your embassy"

So if my embassy refused, will the cambodian authorities accept this employment letter notarized by lawyer in my country?

Or mabye you know other ways to notarize it?
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Problem with "2500 usd employment letter" been notarized

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

It needs to be certified/notarized by the Embassy that represents Hungary in Cambodia, therefore it will need to be done at the Hungarian Embassy in Hanoi. The consular staff at the Hungarian Embassy in Hanoi should be aware of this requirement.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

The problem is Cambodia's MoFA may have requirements, but that doesn't mean the foreign embassy will offer that service.
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

PSD-Kiwi wrote:It needs to be certified/notarized by the Embassy that represents Hungary in Cambodia, therefore it will need to be done at the Hungarian Embassy in Hanoi. The consular staff at the Hungarian Embassy in Hanoi should be aware of this requirement.
I think you will find it’s not just hungry. The Britain’s embassy has stopped notarizing such documents as well from what I have heard so more expats could be shit out of luck.

On a spectate note, why are you getting an employment letter if you are going for a retirement visa?
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Problem with

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

kiwiincambodia wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:57 am
On a spectate note, why are you getting an employment letter if you are going for a retirement visa?
He needs it for his marriage application as evidence of a minimum USD $2500 p/mth income, but yes, if he is employed then he shouldn't be applying for an ER EOS. The fact he is applying for an ER EOS raises another question, is he young enough to be eligible to marry a Cambodian citizen?
Fredi25
Tourist
Hungary

Post by Fredi25 »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:25 am It needs to be certified/notarized by the Embassy that represents Hungary in Cambodia, therefore it will need to be done at the Hungarian Embassy in Hanoi. The consular staff at the Hungarian Embassy in Hanoi should be aware of this requirement.
hi everyone

I have a same problem exactly the previous than the other Hungarian guy
Fredi25
Tourist
Hungary

Post by Fredi25 »

Fredi25 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:13 pm
PSD-Kiwi wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:25 am It needs to be certified/notarized by the Embassy that represents Hungary in Cambodia, therefore it will need to be done at the Hungarian Embassy in Hanoi. The consular staff at the Hungarian Embassy in Hanoi should be aware of this requirement.
hi everyone

I have a same problem exactly than the previous the other Hungarian guy
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

Notarisation has to been done by a suitable solicitor. It is not done at the Embassy. Been like that for years.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

cptrelentless wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:20 pm Notarisation has to been done by a suitable solicitor. It is not done at the Embassy. Been like that for years.
Not for international use. Many governments will ask for legalized documents from either the MoFA or an embassy.
rogerrabbit
Expatriate

Post by rogerrabbit »

They don't do it. Even if they know the issue in Cambodia, they are not allowed to certify/notarize private papers. This is the case with many European countries.

Fredi25 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:13 pm
hi everyone

I have a same problem exactly the previous than the other Hungarian guy
Would Cambodia accept document that shows your taxable income from previous year? I think that document your embassy / home country MoFA would certify. Of course this would only work if you really earned the min. needed amount previous year.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic