Doctors offices and prices

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
DannyP21
Tourist
United States of America

Doctors offices and prices

Post by DannyP21 »

Hello everyone I arrive in a few weeks and I was looking for a good reliable doctors office to go to for a check up. What types of prices should I expect for blood work, STD’s test, Physicals. I haven’t been checked in like 2 years and figured it would be worth it to get someplace new and know that I am good. Thanks!
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: Doctors offices and prices

Post by Username Taken »

If you want 'good reliable doctors', your best bet would be to get that done before you leave your home country, particularly if you want to 'know that you are good'.
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

DannyP21 wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 1:20 am Hello everyone I arrive in a few weeks and I was looking for a good reliable doctors office to go to for a check up. What types of prices should I expect for blood work, STD’s test, Physicals. I haven’t been checked in like 2 years and figured it would be worth it to get someplace new and know that I am good. Thanks!
I forgot the prices but i went in last June for similar thing your requesting-- including a urine test etc. In my opinion I thought the place was professional and I felt comfortable with the Doctor and staff. The only issue is the doctor spoke French and someone had to translate- but it was much better then I expected and the office was responsive in returning my calls for any questions/concerns

https://european-medicare.com/

Advance European Medicare Center
3 Preah Ang Phanavong St. (240), Phnom Penh,

I think I paid 40 bucks for consultation but I may be mistaken. The total for the urine and whatever else he did, including the 40 bucks -- $140.00

I wish had better info as I don't have the receipt but can go thru my emails. I do remember when I was sharing the cost, some thought it was expensive. It's my health so if i pay a little more so be it.
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Post by truffledog »

BklynBoy wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 4:22 am
DannyP21 wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 1:20 am Hello everyone I arrive in a few weeks and I was looking for a good reliable doctors office to go to for a check up. What types of prices should I expect for blood work, STD’s test, Physicals. I haven’t been checked in like 2 years and figured it would be worth it to get someplace new and know that I am good. Thanks!
I forgot the prices but i went in last June for similar thing your requesting-- including a urine test etc. In my opinion I thought the place was professional and I felt comfortable with the Doctor and staff. The only issue is the doctor spoke French and someone had to translate- but it was much better then I expected and the office was responsive in returning my calls for any questions/concerns

I think I paid 40 bucks for consultation but I may be mistaken. The total for the urine and whatever else he did, including the 40 bucks -- $140.00

I wish had better info as I don't have the receipt but can go thru my emails. I do remember when I was sharing the cost, some thought it was expensive. It's my health so if i pay a little more so be it.
The question is not to pay a little more or not. In all but emergency cases I would prefer such tests to be performed in a country that delivers ACCURATE results. Cambodia is not one of them unfortunately.
work is for people who cant find truffles
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

truffledog wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 4:41 am
BklynBoy wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 4:22 am

The question is not to pay a little more or not. In all but emergency cases I would prefer such tests to be performed in a country that delivers ACCURATE results. Cambodia is not one of them unfortunately.
I agree 100 percent but that wasn't his question. I actually did the testing again when returned to NYC to be on the safe side.
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic