Visa on Arrival for Nigerians

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
erica.zhang
Tourist
Australia

Visa on Arrival for Nigerians

Post by erica.zhang »

Has anyone heard of (or have personal experience with) Nigerian citizens being granted an ordinary (business/E) Visa on Arrival? I am aware that Nigerians are eligible to obtain the Tourist Visa on Arrival (after contacting the Cambodian embassy in London, Emirates airlines, our intended mode of travel, and Cambodian immigration), but I have heard that immigration officers can be either unreasonably prejudiced or open to negotiation if you know what I mean.

I (Australian citizen) plan to travel to Cambodia from Nigeria by air with my partner next month, and I want us to both receive the business visa on arrival, since we intend to both stay in Cambodia for the duration of my one-year employment contract in Phnom Penh. Since there are no Cambodian diplomatic missions in countries Nigerian citizens can travel to visa-free, we figured the that Visa on Arrival is our best bet.

Any advice? I'm happy to bring a copy of my employment contract as well as an affidavit of support for my partner to show immigration, but I'm aware that this guarantees nothing. Would his enrolment in long-term language course in Cambodia help (demonstrate intent of student visa extension)? We are prepared to bring sufficient cash to show evidence of financial means to support our stay.

I'd really appreciate any feedback, thank you.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Visa on Arrival for Nigerians

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

erica.zhang wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:01 pm Has anyone heard of (or have personal experience with) Nigerian citizens being granted an ordinary (business/E) Visa on Arrival? I am aware that Nigerians are eligible to obtain the Tourist Visa on Arrival (after contacting the Cambodian embassy in London, Emirates airlines, our intended mode of travel, and Cambodian immigration), but I have heard that immigration officers can be either unreasonably prejudiced or open to negotiation if you know what I mean.

I (Australian citizen) plan to travel to Cambodia from Nigeria by air with my partner next month, and I want us to both receive the business visa on arrival, since we intend to both stay in Cambodia for the duration of my one-year employment contract in Phnom Penh. Since there are no Cambodian diplomatic missions in countries Nigerian citizens can travel to visa-free, we figured the that Visa on Arrival is our best bet.

Any advice? I'm happy to bring a copy of my employment contract as well as an affidavit of support for my partner to show immigration, but I'm aware that this guarantees nothing. Would his enrolment in long-term language course in Cambodia help (demonstrate intent of student visa extension)? We are prepared to bring sufficient cash to show evidence of financial means to support our stay.

I'd really appreciate any feedback, thank you.

I would have thought that if you are a OZ citizen,, you would be traveling on a OZ passports and that would count more than the colour of your skin or where you were born.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Nigerians can't get VOA. I'll ask a Nigerian I know how he does it, he's been here 20 years.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
erica.zhang
Tourist
Australia

Post by erica.zhang »

I am an Australian citizen, my partner is a Nigerian citizen.
Thank you for your help
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

John Bingham wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:00 pm I’ll ask a Nigerian I know how he does it, he's been here 20 years.
TFW he says “what visa?”
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic