Golden Gate American School

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
BrazilBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Golden Gate American School

Post by BrazilBoy »

GGAS is interested in my applicaqtion although we haven't had an interview left.
Any information on this school? How much they pay? Do they provide tuition for teacher's kids? General reputation of the school?

Is there a site anyone can suggest dedicated to teachers interested in working in Cambodia?
reflexline
Expatriate

Re: Golden Gate American School

Post by reflexline »

BrazilBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BrazilBoy »

Interesting thread but really about the math teacher and not the school.
Anyway, I kind of believe the math teacher.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Another place where fees look reasonable until they stick you with the $2000 PA book fee. And other charges. How the fuck can it cost that much for books? Even if I exclusively shopped in Monument that would mean about 57 books a year at $35 a pop.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

BrazilBoy wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:04 pm GGAS is interested in my applicaqtion although we haven't had an interview left.
Any information on this school? How much they pay? Do they provide tuition for teacher's kids? General reputation of the school?

Is there a site anyone can suggest dedicated to teachers interested in working in Cambodia?

You could get a job teaching the kids all about China.
Any government school will run out the red carpet for someone wth your (self-confessed) compromised objectivity on the topic.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

^^^^
** 3 deep breaths and two steps backwards -

Sorry BB, i have been pretty harsh to you here and on another topic.
Actually, i do welcome differing views.
Good luck with the job hunting - and with expressing any views about any thing here on CEO.
Hang in.

(and thanks for the opportunity to reflect on my self-righteous opinionated worst side)
BrazilBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BrazilBoy »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:31 am ^^^^

Good luck with the job hunting - and with expressing any views about any thing here on CEO.
Hang in.

(and thanks for the opportunity to reflect on my self-righteous opinionated worst side)
Hey Stern, it's cool - assuming good intentions on your part - and I finally had an interview with GGA and I think I got the job. It was a really easy interview.

If I infact get a job, we should meet for a beer.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

If you're both frugal and on a similar salary that will certainly be enough to be comfortable in Phnom Penh. You should be able to afford a decent pad too and some nights out.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

BrazilBoy wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:17 pm
SternAAlbifrons wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:31 am ^^^^

Hang in.

Hey Stern, it's cool - assuming good intentions on your part - and I finally had an interview with GGA and I think I got the job. It was a really easy interview.

If I infact get a job, we should meet for a beer.
:thumb:
I don't normally drink BB, but i will take you up on that meeting. We might get on ok after all - i often have to fight a bloke before i become his friend.
Let me know how the job goes.

(PS, 'Good sign. If you can handle an idiot ranting at you like i did, you will probably do OK in Cambodia - especially on CEO. chuckle. Welcome.)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic