D. I. Riviera buyers ran away

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
J. Visiting
Expatriate
Cambodia

D. I. Riviera buyers ran away

Post by J. Visiting »

It looks like most of the other buyers got their money back.

What lawyer did they use?
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Re: D. I. Riviera buyers ran away

Post by Cam Nivag »

J. Visiting wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 7:22 am It looks like most of the other buyers got their money back.

What are you referring to here? Has this project been in the news?

There was a poster named "Florida" on the other forum touting what a good investment this was about five years ago.
chkwoot
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by chkwoot »

Cam Nivag wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 10:19 am
J. Visiting wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 7:22 am It looks like most of the other buyers got their money back.

What are you referring to here? Has this project been in the news?

There was a poster named "Florida" on the other forum touting what a good investment this was about five years ago.
He ran away.
I am sooooo very sorry if you can't understand or appreciate my sarcastic facetiousness.
J. Visiting
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by J. Visiting »

No. He had bigger problems.

Now he wants to run away from the D I Riviera disaster.

Any help?

There were a lot of buyers. Enough that most of the law companies could have
had several fleeing buyers.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

Why not hire a cheap lawyer or court clerk to retrieve the documents directly from the court and then you can have them translated and make up your own mind about which lawyer did well and deserves being hired?

Then you don't have to ask for advice from mostly guessing people with no experience. This sort of website is normally great if you're buying pineapples or criticising your tuktuk driver for not lifting your luggage but if you've lost those sums of money you should pay for proper help.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

What's this about anyway??

markd
Expatriate
Zimbabwe

Post by markd »

so a tuktuk drivers selling pinapples in the riviera are making the buyers runaway because someone just visiting is threatening to find a good lawyers if the luggage is not lifted

:silent:
thru shit to more shit
markd
Expatriate
Zimbabwe

Post by markd »

@op
i hope you get your money back :beer:
thru shit to more shit
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Cam Nivag wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 10:19 am
I remember him, the fact that he was obviously completely deranged might have put some off the idea.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

clutchcargo wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 3:48 pm What's this about anyway??

D. I. stands for Diamond Island, Phnom Penh.

Property sales site:
About D.I. RIVIERA Condominium

D.I. RIVIERA Condominium is located at the core location of Diamond Island in Phnom Penh where prosperity convergences with the surrounding of three rivers, namely the Mekong River, Bassac River and Tonle Sap River. The total construction area of the project is approximately three hundred thirty thousand square meters. Once completed, it will have the largest shopping center in Phnom Penh with the largest parking lot, a 150-meter high air club, a horizon swimming pool etc., which are all high class facilities. Looking far into the distance from this elevation there are panoramic views of the beautiful landscape of the city. The perfect location determines that the value of the investment properties at D.I. RIVIERA Condominium will never fall, but will yield unlimited increments in value…

OCIC will spend about $700 million constructing the complex of five buildings, three with 37 storeys and two with 28.

The complex, being constructed on a 330,000-square-metre site on Diamond Island, will include condominiums, flats, supermarkets and parking space. It is due to be completed by 2017.

D.I. RIVIERA Condominium is a condo projectD.I. RIVIERA Condominium construction was completed in 2017. D.I. RIVIERA Condominium has 37 floors and contains 816 total units, Units range from 1 bedroom to 1 bedroom. D.I. RIVIERA Condominium at Tonle Basak, Chamkar Mon has the following facilities: air conditioning, cctv, fitness, garden, parking, playground, security, swimming pool and wi fi.
As an example of the prices asked:
https://www.dotproperty-kh.com/en/condo ... ondominium
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic