Car rental

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Car rental

Post by willyhilly »

Coming back either Xmas or KNY. Missus is worried because the little one can’t speak Khmer anymore.
She wants to rent a car. What is the story on car rental nowadays? I used to rent from the Christian guy and his missus in Toul Tompong. Has it got any easier and how much a day or week.
angkorjohn2
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Car rental

Post by angkorjohn2 »

willyhilly wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:54 pm Coming back either Xmas or KNY. Missus is worried because the little one can’t speak Khmer anymore.
She wants to rent a car. What is the story on car rental nowadays? I used to rent from the Christian guy and his missus in Toul Tompong. Has it got any easier and how much a day or week.
KNY will prove difficult and costly I would think. You could consider using Grab who have the option of booking a driver bu the hour for multiple stops - at around $20 for 8 hours within the city. To book here you would, I assume, need all your correct licenses for Cambodia and an International will not suffice, I'm sure PSD-Kiwi knows better.
Genti
Expatriate
Switzerland

Post by Genti »

I rent my car at Lyna Garage, just google for Lyna Car Rental Phnom Penh. Not the newest cars, but they have SUVs and are very helpfull. They do the driver license thing for you.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

I rented from Europcar near PNH and was happy. I believe Freightdog posted about his experiences with both Europcar and Lynda.
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

Thanks for that. I always rented from Lyna and I went to their website. I rented a Monterosso from them once and hit the cow near Anglong Veng. The car survived.
icetiger81
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by icetiger81 »

how much did you pay to rent it?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic