Where to buy digital kitchen scales?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Where to buy digital kitchen scales?

Post by Doc67 »

There used to be a home appliance shop on the 3rd floor of Sorya Mall. It's now boarded up.

Can anyone tell me what the store was called and if there is another branch nearby? I don't want to have to go down to Aeon Mall if there is another branch closer.

I am looking for a set of digital kitchen scales so if anyone knows where I can buy one, please tell.

As always, many thanks in advance....
A10
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Home Appliance & Electronics Shops

Post by A10 »

Can't help on the name of that store, but if you're near O-Russei market there are sellers that have various grades of those types of scales accurate within 1g, I think around $10-25 depending on model and features. Last I was there, many sellers had them.

If you want a more accurate scale (1/10th of a gram) they're at least in the $100s if I remember correctly.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

I bought this set at a bookshop on Monivong. From memory about 10 or $12
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Doc67 wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:14 am There used to be a home appliance shop on the 3rd floor of Sorya Mall. It's now boarded up.

Can anyone tell me what the store was called and if there is another branch nearby? I don't want to have to go down to Aeon Mall if there is another branch closer.

I am looking for a set of digital kitchen scales so if anyone knows where I can buy one, please tell.

As always, many thanks in advance....
That is/was a K Four.

But yeah just go to Orussey, you can buy scales on the ground floor.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Thanks everyone, I got one today at central market. $14.
Cased closed
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Doc67 wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:33 pm Thanks everyone, I got one today at central market. $14.
Cased closed

Case reopened,,,, what sort did you get. Picture ?
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

Doc67 wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:33 pm Thanks everyone, I got one today at central market. $14.
Cased closed
As a matter of interest, while you were there did you notice if the stall had any meat thermometers similar to the picture below?

Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Duncan wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:45 pm
Cased closed

Case reopened,,,, what sort did you get. Picture ?
Quite right...
Tested. (2 x 8.75 grams)
Note Different specs. 3kg - 5kg - 7kg. My one is the 7kg max. The other (disgusting) colours may well be the smaller max versions, so check which one is in the box. Also, test it on site. I tried and when we opened the box the batteries, which were in the box, had leaked. She went and got some new ones and fitted them. I googled my phone's weight and then weighed it minus cover and it was spot on. So take something of a known weight, such as a coin. You wont be getting any guarantees from the market traders so test it there and then.

The location is the first shop on the left as soon as you walk into the narrow entrance opposite street 63 (Sorya Mall)

Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Duncan wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:33 am Image

I bought this set at a bookshop on Monivong. From memory about 10 or $12
Very useful for weighing hand luggage too.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Kuroneko wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:03 pm
Cased closed
As a matter of interest, while you were there did you notice if the stall had any meat thermometers similar to the picture below?

Someone else is looking for one of these and I suggested a shop that supplies hotels. Here's the thread.
ask-the-expats-questions-answers/where- ... 31120.html

I will keep an eye out for one on my travels...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic