ER Visa

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

ER Visa

Post by DaveG »

Hi all,
Just joined the forum and need to ask a question re the ER visa,

After landing at Phnom Penh and hopefully getting a O visa how long do you recommend I wait before approaching imigration opposite the airport and requesting a 12 month EOS for the ER visa, I do not wish to stay in the capital for long and wish to head for the coast ASAP.

Thanks.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: ER Visa

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

DaveG wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 2:55 am Hi all,

After landing at Phnom Penh and hopefully getting a O visa how long do you recommend I wait before approaching imigration opposite the airport and requesting a 12 month EOS for the ER visa, I do not wish to stay in the capital for long and wish to head for the coast ASAP.

Thanks.
Do you have all your supporting documentation etc for extending your visa?
you know there is Ana Travel and a number of others down in Shv that can extend your visa
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DaveG »

Yes, Over 55, Bank statements and letter of retirement, Wanted to get the 12 month EOS ASAP so I can just relax and not worry about having to plan exit from Cambodia, also didn't want to waste money on hotels etc and rent something in Sihanoukville long term.
PS Thanks for your quick reply:)
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

You may need a different visa for Sihanoukvillle, I believe it's part of China now.

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

Ricky Dunn
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Ricky Dunn »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 3:00 am

Thanks.
you know there is Ana Travel and a number of others down in Shv that can extend your visa
Hi, does Ana Travel and the others charge more than the Gov. immigration office?
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Thanks.
You can apply for an EOS one month before the expiry date of your current visa without losing any 'time' on your extension. If you apply before they will deduct time from your extension's validity. Assuming you have a one month ordinary visa now you could have applied on day one.
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

Someone did an update post today on the main ER thread. Might be very helpful.

topic19980-30.html
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Ricky Dunn wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 7:32 am
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 3:00 am

Thanks.
Hi, does Ana Travel and the others charge more than the Gov. immigration office?
dont know personally as ive never gone there for that purpose, but i have heard that you end up paying roughly the same amount
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DaveG »

Hi guys,

Thanks for all your responses, I will fly to Phnom Penh and try my luck,

Have a great day,

D
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DaveG »

Change of plan, flying to Siem Reap, does anyone know of a good travel agent that can help with ER visa extension in Siem Reap or is it better for me to travel to immigration at PP to do it in person.

Thanks all,

DG
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic