HELP $$

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
JMEYERS101010
Expatriate
United States of America

HELP $$

Post by JMEYERS101010 »

Hello. I have been living here for nearly 3 years. Recently got into moto accident and had to leave work for 30 days. Depleted all my funds. Now working again at 1500 per month in Siem Reap. 1st day back today.

No payday until June 7th. Visa expiring soon. Thought I would get partial check May 7th, but payroll cutoff was April 20th.

I need a loan.

Can't pawn... no collateral and all that.

Need to borrow 500 and expect to pay back 750.

Any of guys have referral to shady sorts that loan money to broke barangs? Will give up passport... bring to home and whatever else they need. My friend borrowed 10k from the Chinese so I was thinking maybe they would loan it. Can't do banks or pawn.

-John
Queef
Expatriate
New Caledonia

Re: HELP $$

Post by Queef »

JMEYERS101010 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:43 am Hello. I have been living here for nearly 3 years. Recently got into moto accident and had to leave work for 30 days. Depleted all my funds. Now working again at 1500 per month in Siem Reap. 1st day back today.

No payday until June 7th. Visa expiring soon. Thought I would get partial check May 7th, but payroll cutoff was April 20th.

I need a loan.

Any of guys have referral to shady sorts that loan money to broke barangs? Will give up passport... bring to home and whatever else they need. My friend borrowed 10k from the Chinese so I was thinking maybe they would loan it. Can't do banks or pawn.

-John
Passport, document from your embassy certifying that the passport belongs to you (must be signed and notarized), employment paperwork from your employer (signed and notarized). Do you have a smartphone? Brand and model? Tablet? Computer? A copy of your hospital bill would be great.
Get $500 and pay $900 back before June 10th. Past June 10th, 10% interest per day on that $900. Your call
RogueAnt
Expatriate
French Polynesia

Post by RogueAnt »

Can't you ask your employer for an advance on your salary?
RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by RickyBobby »

JMEYERS101010 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:43 am Hello. I have been living here for nearly 3 years. Recently got into moto accident and had to leave work for 30 days. Depleted all my funds. Now working again at 1500 per month in Siem Reap. 1st day back today.

I need a loan.

-John
You literally have no friends or family that would help you?
"Dear Lord Baby Jesus, Lyin in a Manger"
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

I need a loan.

-John
ur shit out of luck, try blood banks
cant believe ur employer wont front ya some $$
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

Queef wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:13 pmPassport, document from your embassy certifying that the passport belongs to you (must be signed and notarized), employment paperwork from your employer (signed and notarized). Do you have a smartphone? Brand and model? Tablet? Computer? A copy of your hospital bill would be great.
Get $500 and pay $900 back before June 10th. Past June 10th, 10% interest per day on that $900. Your call
This is very insightful. Thank you.
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

I need a loan.

I am sure a lot of people will do it for less than that. If you have been here for 3 years, they should not be hard to find.

The main concern, we all wonder if this is a scam.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
phkachhouk
Expatriate
Australia

Post by phkachhouk »

Plus running out of money in 30 days assuming whilst doing nothing at home all day.
JMEYERS101010
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by JMEYERS101010 »

Hah,
Not a scam. I started work again today and I was told I would get 8 days pay on May 5-8th.

Now I start work and they told me NO pay until June 7th.
I am fucked.

I finally heal my broken hand. Get a small loan from a broke family member (tap is dry now), move into a new apt, start work and wham.

I have valid passport, business visa and work permit. I can get employment letter no problem.
I work 5 days a week in Siem Reap so travelling to the embassy in Phnom Penh is something I cant do time-wise or financially.

Yeah, they said NO ADVANCES. I am pissed. They also told me I would be working 4 hours a day, but after signing the contract said "now that you have signed the contract.. here are your hours... 6"... split up over a 12 hour period. Not complaining about that though.

No... I have no family in USA anymore. My only friend just died of alcohol poisoning (rice wine crap) (he was in bad shape though) and I don't do the bar scene anymore.

I can show all documents. Bring you to my home and have tea. Introduce you to business owners I know. Bring you to my workplace. Shit, sit in for a class and watch me teach if you want.

I need the Chinese. They are the only ones that can save me.

900 is a little steep. I am really hoping for 600 and pay back 750 to be honest. Can payback 100% on June 7th. 100% Can throw in my piece of shit moto (no papers) as interest also. Buying a new one if I survive this. Live within walking distance of work.

I don't know what to do. My last employer gave advances all the time. Worked there nearly a year til my accident.
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Post by tightenupvolume1 »

How about the business owners that you know ?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic