Air compressor parts?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
JerryCan
Expatriate
Cambodia

Air compressor parts?

Post by JerryCan »

:voilent4:

Wondering if anyone knows where to get air compressor parts to repair one of the Chinese knockoff 2kw versions. I'm guessing Russian market, but an idea of which shop and some prices would be helpful if anyone knows, as I am not familiar with parts here.

Need the starting capacitor and possibly the thing that cuts power when the tank is full.

Any info appreciated

Cheers
JerryCan
Element6
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Air compressor parts?

Post by Element6 »

Road 5 after Japanese bridge has shops that sell and repair compressors and generators. I would think you would find what you need around there. I personally dont find Russian market to be much good for specific parts, more useful for general consumables
JerryCan
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by JerryCan »

Cheers for that, I'll have a look there then as I'm not a big fan of shopping at Russian market to be honest.
oopsfermi
Expatriate
Puerto Rico

Post by oopsfermi »

Was actually going to recommend Oroussey Market, cause it's what Russian market wants to be when it grows up.

Next time I go I'm leaving a trail of bread crumbs cause GPS don't work when there's a roof and you _will_ get lost and lose all hope.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

I always thought that because there are so many cheap Chinese knockoffs in most tools they are ment to be thrown away when they break. The same goes for most electric stuff.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
JerryCan
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by JerryCan »

Duncan wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:57 pm I always thought that because there are so many cheap Chinese knockoffs in most tools they are ment to be thrown away when they break. The same goes for most electric stuff.
Actually I find the western "junk" to be far more disposable than the stuff here. They may be cheaply made, but by the same token they are also repairable. Bloody compressors from any hardware store back home often come with plastic pistons and rubber rings but the compressors here have metal pistons and rings, as well as parts you can unscrew and replace individually rather than buying the whole assembly cast as a whole unit.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

JerryCan wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:22 pm
Duncan wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:57 pm I always thought that because there are so many cheap Chinese knockoffs in most tools they are ment to be thrown away when they break. The same goes for most electric stuff.
Actually I find the western "junk" to be far more disposable than the stuff here. They may be cheaply made, but by the same token they are also repairable. Bloody compressors from any hardware store back home often come with plastic pistons and rubber rings but the compressors here have metal pistons and rings, as well as parts you can unscrew and replace individually rather than buying the whole assembly cast as a whole unit.
I've always found Russian market to be excellent for tools in general. In the past I have bought welding gear, spraying gear and parts for air compressors. From memory if you enter the market from the car park on the west side (163 st) and go in on the first entry to your left with the bike park on your left you will be in the tool section. Once in turn first right and look at the stalls from the second on your right and one to your left. You might have to try a few in that vicinity. Take photos of what parts you want and show it to the vender, they should be able to help. If you go ask if anyone has feeler gauges to check valve clearances and post findings/price thanks. Good luck :thumb:
JerryCan
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by JerryCan »

Kuroneko wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:53 pm If you go ask if anyone has feeler gauges to check valve clearances and post findings/price thanks. Good luck :thumb:
$8, didn't haggle. Bought a set recently from one of the centre "main hall" sellers from the car parking side and it was just hanging in plain sight to see.
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

JerryCan wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:01 pm Need the starting capacitor and possibly the thing that cuts power when the tank is full.
You could replace the capacitor with any equivalent rated capacitor, if you cant find an identical one.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
JerryCan
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by JerryCan »

Kuroneko wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:53 pm .... post findings/price thanks. Good luck :thumb:
Total bill $15.50, including $3.50 for 700 ml of oil (wasn't necessary, but why not?), and I still have more than half the bottle leftover.

The adjustable regulator was bad ($8, and came with a new pressure gauge, although there's no PSI reading, only atmospheres which is annoying for a damn imperialist like me). Also went ahead and replaced all the fittings and valves attached to the main head $4 more because I noticed they were much better quality than my originals. No need for the capacitor, regulator was causing the starting issues.

Only gripe is that the new regulator's plastic adjustment knob has already fallen off, although internally it doesn't leak like the previous one, so I'll have to glue that on if I can be arsed.

All stuff from Russian market, but it was half empty and most tool sellers were still on vacation.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic