Available goods in Ratanakiri?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
A10
Expatriate
United States of America

Available goods in Ratanakiri?

Post by A10 »

Hi,

I'm moving in a few weeks up to Ratanakiri and am curious about the availability of certain items and food I frequently use/eat.

Wondering if anyone knows about the following...

Organic non-GMO flour. I find it all over the markets here, wondering if it's available up there?

RO water systems. I already have a system, but wonder if I should buy extra cartridges from PP.

Sausage making stuff...cures, cases, etc. I'm a vegetarian, but my family loves homemade pork sausages and hot dogs over the gas station crap.

Fresh yogurt, or starter cultures?

Car maintenance items. I have a newer Nissan Navarra diesel (2012 3.0 liter V6), are there any parts available to service it?

Aquarium supplies for salt water fish (salinity testing kits, Ph kits, etc).

I think that's it for now, if I think of anything else I'll ask here.

Thank you,
A10
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Available goods in Ratanakiri?

Post by Kammekor »

Organic non-GMO flour. I find it all over the markets here, wondering if it's available up there?
Don't know

RO water systems. I already have a system, but wonder if I should buy extra cartridges from PP.
Probably not available for your kit

Sausage making stuff...cures, cases, etc. I'm a vegetarian, but my family loves homemade pork sausages and hot dogs over the gas station crap.
No

Fresh yogurt, or starter cultures?
No, only 1L pasteurized, often out of stock, or the sweetened Vietnamese yoghurt

Car maintenance items. I have a newer Nissan Navarra diesel (2012 3.0 liter V6), are there any parts available to service it?
Yes, but I guess most will be copied spares

Aquarium supplies for salt water fish (salinity testing kits, Ph kits, etc).
No
A10
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by A10 »

Thank you,
Kammekor wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:57 am

In that case, do you know if the engine oils are at least genuine? Meaning, do they have "real" Total brand engine oils?

One more thing I just remembered, is there any kind of cheese available? Mozarella, Cheddar, etc?
Last edited by A10 on Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

A10 wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:59 am Thank you,

One more thing I just remembered, is there any kind of cheese available? Mozarella, Cheddar, etc?
Yes, @Setra supermarket. Inflated prices though, better bring some stock.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

A10 wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:59 am Thank you,
Kammekor wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:57 am

In that case, do you know if the engine oils are at least genuine? Meaning, do they have "real" Total brand engine oils?
I guess at the branded petrol stations they sell branded oils. But I don't have a car, so I can't tell from my own experience. But there's a Total station in town.
A10
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by A10 »

Thank you again, good to know as that means they'll have genuine fluids. From what I remember, Total is very strict with their quality control over here in comparison to other stations.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic