How reliable is Cambodian Company OpenNet's Service?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
lidsville
Expatriate
United States of America

How reliable is Cambodian Company OpenNet's Service?

Post by lidsville »

Anyone have a fiber optic connection set up in their government seized hut? That is when you're not being chased by drug crazed ax wielding khmer women. Just need at least 100mps down and up to be happy. Also is there any gov restrictions on the access you get? TIA
Rogue
Expatriate
Honduras

Re: How reliable is Cambodian Company OpenNet's Service?

Post by Rogue »

You want Si-net if you want that speed. (They'll sell it, but I don't think PP has the pipe for it. Maybe I'm wrong.) It's stable. :thumb:

Stay away from Sing Meng. They suck. :evil:

Don't know anything about Open Net.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

FTTH meaning you have fiber to the first hole and they have copper to themselves.

Pay $1000 up front to surf your favorite website www.sinet.com.kh at 100 Teragigaflutes per blegasecond.

This thread is a joke
lidsville
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by lidsville »

https://opennetcambodia.com/ 100 up/down is all i need. I don't know who proofs their copy "Fiber to the home is a relatively new and fast growing method of providing vastly higher bandwidth to consumers and businesses, and thereby enabling more robust video, internet and voice services." pretty self explanatory. You have dialup?
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

I have quantum tryptamine Band-Aids streaming cyber turtles out of my butthole into a Cambodian rice farmers brain

OpenNet fiber is amazing fast and customer service is outstanding! Don't you have it?
lidsville
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by lidsville »

what I gather from this board is that there a bunch of chronically malcontent old geezers with micro penises whose intent is to keep out any newbies? amirite?
Sidewalker
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by Sidewalker »

I really thought, after reading this topic, that I was on a other forum :facepalm:
There are people who cannot imagine that there are other ways of life than their own life. :facepalm:
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

OpenNet FTTH will be fiber to the switch and copper from the switch.

There is no 100 Mbps in Cambodia.

Some providers sell you a 100 Mbps line that you can use to surf their website at that speed but not the rest of the world. You will have 100 Mbps to their router and you can use that speed to surf www.sinet.com.kh congratulations

Just because it's fiber to you doesn't mean there's no bottleneck on the way. Pretty self explanatory.

Do you really want 100 Mbps? I can sell it to you but it's going to be expensive and really awkward after you called me an old geezer :plus1:

lidsville wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:33 am need at least 100mps down and up
Sidewalker
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by Sidewalker »

Opennet offers as maximum, 50Mb fiber optic connection for $118 a month.
There are people who cannot imagine that there are other ways of life than their own life. :facepalm:
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

Sidewalker wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:13 am Opennet offers a 50Mb fiber optic connection for $118 a month.
You're still 50 short and they don't have the necessary uplink peering to support it.

What you don't understand is that they will sell you speed based on the capacity of the router you connect to. Your speed will depend on how many neighbors in your area are pushed through the same pipe. Most companies here route dozens of customers through the same pipe leading to all sorts of interesting dilemmas like shared IP addresses, randomly interrupted sessions and so forth. Your so called 10 Mbps dedicated fiber connection is split between you and other overpaying neighbors.

Speedtest is a hoax and you are being scammed. Fire at the messenger, you incels!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic