Ritalin with doctors note from US

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
ryan.hicks
Tourist
United States of America

Ritalin with doctors note from US

Post by ryan.hicks »

I know some questions have been asked on here before and met with some resistances but I'm going to ask anyway. Is there a specific pharmacy I should go to in Phnom Phen in order to get Ritalin? I have a note from my doctor in the US explaining that I am and have been prescribed for over 15 years. I also have a picture of a prescription writing for me by a doctor in Siem Reap although it does not have my name on it so I worry it will do more harm than good.

Thanks for any help you can provide
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Re: Ritalin with doctors note from US

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Unless things have changed, no Ritalin or other pharmaceutical amphetamine is sold legally in Cambodia.

Could be wrong though.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

If you want to be sure, contact Pharmacy de la Gare, but I think JA is right. A lot of stuf available over the counter, but strangely some stuff (even some antibiotics) are not allowed.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

Kammekor wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 3:41 pm If you want to be sure, contact Pharmacy de la Gare, but I think JA is right. A lot of stuf available over the counter, but strangely some stuff (even some antibiotics) are not allowed.
I have found pharmacie de la gare is a shadow of its former self. pharmacie Ponlieou on west side of street 51 seems to have almost everything (usually european manufacture)
Having said that i see to remember a post s few years back saying ADHD meds are not available here. Possibly in Thailand as you pass through, $25 for a prescription for the doctor
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

pczz wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:19 am pharmacie Ponlieou on west side of street 51 seems to have almost everything (usually european manufacture)
Do you mean near intersection of st 136? I see on google map Pharmacie Ponleu Preah Chan or do you mean different part of st51?
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

It's my understanding that in general, 'downers' - drugs which have sedative properties are the easy to get get ones but 'uppers' - drugs which make you lively and potentially unstable, are the the ones which are banned.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

clutchcargo wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:16 am
pczz wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:19 am pharmacie Ponlieou on west side of street 51 seems to have almost everything (usually european manufacture)
Do you mean near intersection of st 136? I see on google map Pharmacie Ponleu Preah Chan or do you mean different part of st51?
Northwest corner of the junction of 51 and 136. They have 1 or 2 good English speakers. Have been dealing with them for years. If you are concerned about the coutnry of origin specify that, and they usually have a european branded option for common medicines like antibiotics, blood pressure, diabetes, stomach upsets. They do a German brand of most generics. They all have "denk" in the name, so there Zanta is Ranidenk.
Felgerkarb
Expatriate

Post by Felgerkarb »

clutchcargo wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:16 am
Tell any motodop or tuk tuk driver on the riverside area Psar Tapang and they will take you to that intersection.
===============
We are all puppets in the hands of an insane puppeteer...
--Brother Theodore
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic