Advice about Bridewealth?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
michael.stewart1
Expatriate
Russia

Advice about Bridewealth?

Post by michael.stewart1 »

Other than not getting married at all. ( I figure this would be advice many will offer) how do I protect my investment in the case that she decides not to go through with the marriage?
logos
Expatriate
Kiribati

Re: Advice about Bridewealth?

Post by logos »

Is that guy for real ?
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

michael.stewart1 wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:02 am Other than not getting married at all. ( I figure this would be advice many will offer) how do I protect my investment in the case that she decides not to go through with the marriage?
:facepalm:
tell her ur broke,
she will not marry u
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

Didn't you make another post today saying you are single and spend all day playing video games and never talk to other humans except at the supermarket?
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by epidemiks »

What's the investment? Bride wealth usually pays for the wedding, and weddings often turn a profit.

If you want someone to cook for you and wipe your arse while you're playing WoW, hire a maid.
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Post by prahocalypse now »

My advice is don't use your real name on this forum.
angkorjohn
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn »

Cam Nivag wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:44 am Didn't you make another post today saying you are single and spend all day playing video games and never talk to other humans except at the supermarket?
Didn't someone make the exact same thread on TOF recently?
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

michael.stewart1 wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:02 am in the case that she decides not to go through with the marriage?
Don't forget the other 'in the case' that.... she does go thru the marriage and then leaves you.
kocdim
Expatriate
Fiji

Post by kocdim »

michael.stewart1 wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:02 am Other than not getting married at all. ( I figure this would be advice many will offer) how do I protect my investment in the case that she decides not to go through with the marriage?
As the one famous guy said "if you want to glide with the parashoot you have to jump". Make the best to protect you self. But end of the day you have to jump. If works fine if doesnt work nothing you can do right. Move on.
Steven
Expatriate
France

Post by Steven »

Cam Nivag wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:44 am Didn't you make another post today saying you are single and spend all day playing video games and never talk to other humans except at the supermarket?
Looks like he uped his game quite a bit, to the next level in no time thanks to CEO. Now he is learning how to get scammed by a hooker.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic