Place to work online

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Fibonacci
Tourist
Guam

Place to work online

Post by Fibonacci »

Hey Guys,

i got unexpected the chance to work from another country and due to easier visum regulatory, I am interested to go to Cambodia. most people recommend to go to Sihanoukvillle or Koh Rong.

I have never been there and i dont have the chance to check out the situation in holiday before i go. i have to go all in or i will miss the chance.

My concern is about the infrastructure. I need a reliable wifi for VoiP applications.

can someone give me an information about the situation there? wifi good? electricity problems ?

Thanks in advance
Kayve
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Place to work online

Post by Kayve »

Internet's quite good in Phnom Penh, can stream without latence and even play online sometimes.
Don't forget the water buffalo
cannabistourist
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by cannabistourist »

Anywhere but not Koh Rong.
ONLY MONKEYS THINK THAT I AM NOT LIVING IN CAMBODIA BECAUSE I USE VPNs and PROXIES.
Sorry but I do not reply to idiots, especially the old ones.
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

The visa situation is not as easy as it used to be.

If you are working for a company outside of Cambodia you will not be able to obtain a work permit which means it is difficult to get a 1 year visa.

Read some of the Visa threads on the forum for more up to date info.
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Post by prahocalypse now »

Fibonacci wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:03 am Hey Guys,

i got unexpected the chance to work from another country and due to easier visum regulatory...
Is visum the singular form of visa?
Heng Heng Heng
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by Heng Heng Heng »

Sihanoukvillle has multiple power cuts every day, but you may be able to find an apartment with a generator and fast wifi in Chinatown, I mean Sihanoukvillle.
This is the voice of the Mysterons. We know that you can hear us Earthmen.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

Fibonacci wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:03 am most people recommend to go to Sihanoukvillle or Koh Rong
Good luck with that
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

fax wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:30 pm
Fibonacci wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:03 am most people recommend to go to Sihanoukvillle or Koh Rong
Good luck with that
Exactly what I thought! I suspect the "most people" haven't been to Sihanoukville recently, and as for Koh Rong, what could possibly Koh .....................:D

I live in Phnom Penh and have free internet at my condo, speeds as follows:
Power cuts are minimal and the generator usually cuts in, in minutes so have never noticed any cuts.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

prahocalypse now wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:34 pm
Fibonacci wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:03 am Hey Guys,

i got unexpected the chance to work from another country and due to easier visum regulatory...
Is visum the singular form of visa?
No, it's the German form.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Fibonacci
Tourist
Guam

Post by Fibonacci »

Thanks to all of you for the answers!

Seems like its better to set up the first basement in PP and checking out the situation on weekend trips at other locations.

And thanks for the hint with the visa. Thought that was one of the easiest part. Talked to the embassy and explained them that my contract and the company i am working for is located in germany and i need a long term visa. the guy just said "no problem, go with passport and pic to the PP Immigration police and its done. you get a 12 month visum without restrictions about leaving and entering the country.

Thanks guys!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic