Rheumatoid arthritis - "natural" pain relief

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Rheumatoid arthritis - "natural" pain relief

Post by StroppyChops »

Serious questions here from a non-partaker.

Does any poster have "a friend" that uses "herbal" relief for the pain associated with rheumatoid arthritis? Care to comment on how that works for your friend?

Naturally, I'm asking for a friend, of a friend.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: Rheumatoid arthritis - "natural" pain relief

Post by fax »

That is a very specific question and it will be hard to find someone who says yes.

Perhaps your friendly friend of a friend could just, you know, try? Medicinal doses of "herb" are much lower than intoxication doses. Your friend of a friend wouldn't feel high, unless wanting to of course. Quarter of a teaspoon of oil on a sandwich would be plenty enough without triggering the side-effects commonly associated with consuming "herb".

Your friend of a friend can get in touch privately if he wants non-judgmental assistance. I'm not a seller but I am a fellow human being...
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

If you're going to eat it in a sandwich then extract it in butter. Don't burn it but keep it hot for about an hour and then filter out the bits. Cool and spread on sandwich.
stevenjb
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by stevenjb »

Try Arnica. Been around for a long time, effective. I read where it has been referred to as - rub it on, get up and go.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

My friend's friend is grateful for the input. He (or she, maybe) wants to know if oil is available in the Kingdom, and what the regulations around that might be?

Stevenjb, is Arnica available and affordable here?
stevenjb
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by stevenjb »

StroppyChops wrote:My friend's friend is grateful for the input. He (or she, maybe) wants to know if oil is available in the Kingdom, and what the regulations around that might be?

I am in the U.S. peeking in on the conversations, so I would not know the availability of Arnica. If it is available, I would suggest to try it. It is a Homeopathic product.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Re: Rheumatoid arthritis -

Post by StroppyChops »

stevenjb wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:53 pm
StroppyChops wrote:My friend's friend is grateful for the input. He (or she, maybe) wants to know if oil is available in the Kingdom, and what the regulations around that might be?

I am in the U.S. peeking in on the conversations, so I would not know the availability of Arnica. If it is available, I would suggest to try it. It is a Homeopathic product.
Ah, okay - thanks. I'd presume probably not, given the scarcity of homeopathic products here (with a few exceptions). Strong regulated medications over the counter - no problem. Glucosamine at a reasonable price - problem.
nocturn
Tourist
United States of America

Post by nocturn »

Have you tired acupuncture?
stevenjb
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by stevenjb »

It appears that Lazada has Arnica products. However it looks quite expensive.

https://www.lazada.co.th/catalog/?q=Arn ... 7b97tbsBMP
stevenjb
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by stevenjb »

Deleted - double post
Last edited by stevenjb on Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic