Moving to Cambodia

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
LalehHz
Tourist

Moving to Cambodia

Post by LalehHz »

Hi:)
I'm thinking of moving to Cambodia. My main concern is HOW SAFE it is for a single woman to live in Cambodia.
I appreciate if members who live/hsve lived there share their experiences.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Moving to Cambodia

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Safer than most "Western" countries. Petty crime (bag /jewelerry/phone snatchings) is the only real threat, but can be easily avoided by using a bit of common sense. Take the same precautions you would as a lone woman anywhere, ie. Don't get blind drunk and walk the streets late at night alone, don't leave your drinks unattended, etc.
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

dont go alone with a tuk tuk driver to score some weed :D
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
Barang_doa_slae
The Dark Horse
Cambodia

Post by Barang_doa_slae »

Your avatar picture will trigger an automated pm from Jamie Lambo offering you his most comprehensive bodyguard service.
:horse:
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

Barang_doa_slae wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:30 pm Your avatar picture will trigger an automated pm from Jamie Lambo offering you his most comprehensive bodyguard service.
:horse:
I could be wrong, only Jamie knows for sure, but I think he would prefer a full length photo or preferably a plaster cast of the whole body. Should he agree local legend has it that you will be in good hands.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic