Good sports bar for State of Origin & AFL?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Grand Barong
Expatriate
Australia

Good sports bar for State of Origin & AFL?

Post by Grand Barong »

Looking for somewhere cool (AC would be a bonus) to watch Sundays game 2 state of origin, also the lion's Afl game next week.. Riverside area would be nice but all suggestions appreciated.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: Good sports bar for State of Origin & AFL?

Post by Username Taken »

Not riverside, but their on the schedule https://www.scorekh.com/live-sports-tv-schedule/
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Grand Barong wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 2:41 pm Looking for somewhere cool (AC would be a bonus) to watch Sundays game 2 state of origin, also the lion's Afl game next week.. Riverside area would be nice but all suggestions appreciated.
You can try Lonestar Bar on street 23 (between 172 and 154, just east on Norodom) for the State of Origin games. I know lots of Aussies in there and they will definitely watch it. It has air con and on Sunday they have home smoked ribs on special, I think it's $7.5 including a beer, they are very good.

As for AFL, they aren't into that much, try Front Bar on street 118, they always have it on. There's no AC, but a great crowd and all beer - draught, can or bottle- is $1, all day and all night.

https://www.facebook.com/lonestarsaloonphnompenh/
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by cautious colin »

Doc67 wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 4:27 pm draught, can or bottle- is $1, all day and all night.
That doesn't make any sense. The margins on that are extremely different
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

for state of origin, Riverside Sundance is good although there's not a lot of room at the bar but they have put in new TVs I believe. The volume isn't always high enough but they will turn it up by request.

For afl, you could try Phnom Penh Ping-Pong Palladium
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
Grand Barong
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Grand Barong »

Pseudonomdeplume wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:26 am for state of origin, Riverside Sundance is good although there's not a lot of room at the bar but they have put in new TVs I believe. The volume isn't always high enough but they will turn it up by request.

For afl, you could try Phnom Penh Ping-Pong Palladium
Yeah the aerial ping pong is my mates request, haha..
But I remember walking into the riverside sundance couple years ago, and it had a new Aussie owner, mick?
so for sure a good chance
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

It's a definite. It's not cold the Riverside anymore. It's Bar Oz
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

cautious colin wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 11:59 pm
Doc67 wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 4:27 pm draught, can or bottle- is $1, all day and all night.
That doesn't make any sense. The margins on that are extremely different
I know, but it's true. I am only talking about domestic beer, Cambodia is the draught, I drink the cans and the bottles are $1 also. The Hunaman beer was/is also $1 a bottle which is popular but I think the suppliers are trying to ramp up their prices so that may not last much longer.

I assume any foreign beer will be more but I have never seen anyone ordering anything like that.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

It would be nice to get a pint of real pint of draft bitter, such likes of Boddington, or the creamy Worthington's and London Pride.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

AndyKK wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:09 pm It would be nice to get a pint of real pint of draft bitter, such likes of Boddington, or the creamy Worthington's and London Pride.
You can get Boddingtons in Cambodia, they are 440ml cans. Harry's had a couple of cases but nobody bought them so they were dropped.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic