American sizes

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
justin.workman
Tourist
United States of America

American sizes

Post by justin.workman »

Living in phnom phen im American from Miami, hello all and thank you in advance for any help.
I need size 13 sneakers/trainer's, size XL OR XXL shirts, size 38 pants. I can't find anything my size expecially the trainers.
Please help, if i need to buy online to ship what would you suggest.

Thanks again
LaudJohn
Expatriate

Re: American sizes

Post by LaudJohn »

Try Soyra Mall.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

Shirts and pants you can get tailor made. I'll rely on others others with experience for info and directions. There are at least three places where you can have shoes made to your size(near Tuol Sleng). Again I will rely on others since I live rurally and wear flip flops perennially.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by epidemiks »

Shoes bigger than US 10 are virtually non existent here. St 350 near 143 has the cobblers. Good for work and dress shoes, but they won't make sneakers.

The legit brand shoe shops might have larger sizes; I've never checked. If you do find any post up the location.

Try fb "jeans bank" for jeans, and the export shops surrounding Russian market on st 155
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

What is size 13 Euro equivalent? 46?

Best to work it out and just ask the sellers at Russian Market, maybe they can find some for you
chkwoot
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by chkwoot »

Aeon, and some of the mall's shops, have big sizes. Big prices too.
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

that genius wrote:What is size 13 Euro equivalent? 46?

Best to work it out and just ask the sellers at Russian Market, maybe they can find some for you
13 U.S./ 47 Euro. / 12 Aus.

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

weird thing about Cambodia. loads of the men are big, but the shops only stock small sizes. Thailand is nearly as bad. Ask a big tuktuk driver whre he gets his clothes from. There must be a "big peoples clothes street" somewhere in PP, just like bed street and electric street
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

I find it weird that the big stuff I buy in Oz is made here but I can't buy it here....

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

I find it interesting that we have 2 systems: metric and Imperial, which cover the entire world, and include such weird things as relative humidity, which relatively few people access, but try buying a pair of shoes, and all of a sudden no genius ever considered a standard sizing.

There is some ancient evil afoot...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic