Shipping from Cambodia to Australia

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
redjade
Tourist

Shipping from Cambodia to Australia

Post by redjade »

Hi can someone tell me which is the best and cheapest company to ship good such as clothes from Cambodia to Australia. Need to get some clothes shipped and don't want to get ripped off. Thanks in advance
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Shipping from Cambodia to Australia

Post by pczz »

If you are shipping commercial quantities you are supposed to have a vat registered import export firm and do all the customs paperwork nad get AYSCUDA acceditation. There is export duty on clothes from cambodia and probably import duties in Australia as well as probably a million rules about checking for bio hazards, flammability etc etc etc. It si not easy to import or export to/from cambodia commercially without following the rules unless you have a significant amount of financial lubricant and contacts.

I have used Intra Address: No.2-3, Street Chey Chetra (Str. 118), Phnom Penh 12209
Phone: 016 553 329
[email protected]

Run by a dutch guy Han Rutten who has been here forever and his thai partner runs an operation in Thailand.
he has done one off imports from Philippines and Thailand and exports to vietnam for my previous company so give them a try.
have not been able to contact mr Rutten recently but the office is above a travel agent close to central market if you want to pop in and talk to them.
he has some english speaking staff, but i cannot remeber the guys name off handas I haven't dealt with them for over a year
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic