Middle of Asia

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
BronzeMonkNomad
Tourist
Bahamas

Middle of Asia

Post by BronzeMonkNomad »

Hey guys,

So I would like to start a hostel in kampot, it's like extra extra though, cause i'm an artist and i wan't to make it a very useful facility to meet the problems i'm currently having, as well as other aspiring creators. I started a kickstarter for the idea kinda, and we got half funded, so I'm relaunching it because, it got half funded with barely any really information.. cause I just do things on the fly.... which is why i'm here cause I wanna get more solid information as I design this next kickstarter, plus me and my friend that's starting the hostel with me are starting to work on ideas of what we wanna build and all. So my question, I saw another post about some girls asking about starting a hostel, in Cambodia, and someone said Kampot was pretty out serviced also. What are some locations for me to go visit, if Kampot turns out to be not ideal, I'm looking for a lot of open space, by the ocean or river, easy access to the ocean is preferable because i plan on having boats. oh should of said i did a bar gig in Sihanoukville for a month and half, while traveling SE Asia for 6 months for the first half of this year.

Thanks!
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Re: Middle of Asia

Post by Barang chgout »

Well structured creative writing. Just wish I could understand it....

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

Brewer
Expatriate

Post by Brewer »

Fabulous. :thumb: Not enough of this in Cambodia.
Micmac
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Micmac »

With you're artist ability you will have an advantage over the other 2000 guesthouse owners..
Flattery makes friends and truth makes enemies
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Ugh...
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

great idea, another hostel built with go fund money doomed to fail.

:please:
where do these people come from???
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Luigi
Expatriate

Post by Luigi »

BronzeMonkNomad wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:45 am Hey guys,

So I would like to start a hostel in kampot, it's like extra extra though, cause i'm an artist and i wan't to make it a very useful facility to meet the problems i'm currently having, as well as other aspiring creators. I started a kickstarter for the idea kinda, and we got half funded, so I'm relaunching it because, it got half funded with barely any really information.. cause I just do things on the fly.... which is why i'm here cause I wanna get more solid information as I design this next kickstarter, plus me and my friend that's starting the hostel with me are starting to work on ideas of what we wanna build and all. So my question, I saw another post about some girls asking about starting a hostel, in Cambodia, and someone said Kampot was pretty out serviced also. What are some locations for me to go visit, if Kampot turns out to be not ideal, I'm looking for a lot of open space, by the ocean or river, easy access to the ocean is preferable because i plan on having boats. oh should of said i did a bar gig in Sihanoukville for a month and half, while traveling SE Asia for 6 months for the first half of this year.

Thanks
Just curious, what is your native language?
mauser765
Expatriate
Albania

Post by mauser765 »

Sorry to say it, but I personally think you're 20 years to late. (OK, ten)

I foresee the govt making it harder for small businessmen like yourself to strat such things here, they will probably go the Thailand route...that is where the visa overstay increases came from, that is where the work permit enforcement came from, and next it will be same bar/gh rules as Thailand, iow, you may own it, but you can't work in it.
Money is human happiness in the abstract; he, then, who is no longer capable of enjoying human happiness in the concrete devotes himself utterly to money.
Arthur Schopenhauer
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

Cardamom Mountains :D

Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

Kuroneko wrote:Cardamom Mountains :D

NOOOOOO! DO NOT COME HERE! IT IS REALLY DANGEROUS AND POOR AND YOU WILL HATE IT! STAY AWAY!!!!!!

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic