Page 1 of 2

Where can I buy a new sporran?

Posted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:31 pm
by juansweetpotato
I have a wedding to go to, and as you know, a Scotsman can't go to a wedding without being dressed in full military dress. Including of course a kilt and sporran. However, when I got mine out of the suitcase, it looked like something had got at it.
It looked all mangey.
Does anyone know where I can buy a new one out here?
If not, perhaps another fellow kith or kin could lend me theirs? Or perhaps someone has an idea for a substitute?
TIA

Image

Re: Where can I buy a new sporran?

Posted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:15 pm
by timmydownawell
I'm sure somewhere out there, there'll be a row of 10 or 12 sporran shops all together.

Or maybe not.

Re: Where can I buy a new sporran?

Posted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:18 pm
by StroppyChops
timmydownawell wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:15 pm
I'm sure somewhere out there, there'll be a row of 10 or 12 sporran shops all together.

Or maybe not.
Seems perfectly reasonable - that would make a great series of hand-drawn posters. A dozen sporran shops. Half a dozen llama outlets. Three shops that only sell Gouda.

Re: Where can I buy a new sporran?

Posted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:27 pm
by Username Taken
Why don't you just make your own. Shouldn't take too long.




Image

Re: Where can I buy a new sporran?

Posted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:32 pm
by timmydownawell
StroppyChops wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:18 pm
timmydownawell wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:15 pm
I'm sure somewhere out there, there'll be a row of 10 or 12 sporran shops all together.

Or maybe not.
Seems perfectly reasonable - that would make a great series of hand-drawn posters. A dozen sporran shops. Half a dozen llama outlets. Three shops that only sell Gouda.
either that or one stall at Orussey that specialises in only sporrans, llamas and gouda.

Re: Where can I buy a new sporran?

Posted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:38 pm
by StroppyChops
timmydownawell wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:32 pm
StroppyChops wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:18 pm
timmydownawell wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:15 pm
I'm sure somewhere out there, there'll be a row of 10 or 12 sporran shops all together.

Or maybe not.
Seems perfectly reasonable - that would make a great series of hand-drawn posters. A dozen sporran shops. Half a dozen llama outlets. Three shops that only sell Gouda.
either that or one stall at Orussey that specialises in only sporrans, llamas and gouda.
Or gouda-stuffed llama meat, presented in a sporran...

Re: Where can I buy a new sporran?

Posted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:02 pm
by juansweetpotato
Username Taken wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:27 pm
Why don't you just make your own. Shouldn't take too long.




Image
Ha! Damn, I missed the dancing banana in a kilt emoji. :thumb:
I just realised from watching that video, that there is likely to be an outsourced sporran factory in Cambodia.

Re: Where can I buy a new sporran?

Posted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:08 pm
by timmydownawell
StroppyChops wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:38 pm


Or gouda-stuffed llama meat, presented in a sporran...
Which brings me to another point. Why do the kwik-e-marts have such non-Cambodian names? Why Llama Mart, Kiwi Mart and Panda Mart? Why don't they have Monkey Mart, Gecko Mart and Rat Mart? Or other vaguely Cambodian related names?

Re: Where can I buy a new sporran?

Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:22 am
by Duncan
juansweetpotato wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:31 pm
I have a wedding to go to, and as you know, a Scotsman can't go to a wedding without being dressed in full military dress. Including of course a kilt and sporran. However, when I got mine out of the suitcase, it looked like something had got at it.
It looked all mangey.
Does anyone know where I can buy a new one out here?
If not, perhaps another fellow kith or kin could lend me theirs?

Or perhaps someone has an idea for a substitute?
TIA

Image

Now because sweet kumara is my best friend I am willing to loan my sporran, but dont ask to borrow my kilt cause I wear it all day when at home.



Image

Re: Where can I buy a new sporran?

Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:34 am
by juansweetpotato
Duncan wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:22 am
juansweetpotato wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:31 pm
I have a wedding to go to, and as you know, a Scotsman can't go to a wedding without being dressed in full military dress. Including of course a kilt and sporran. However, when I got mine out of the suitcase, it looked like something had got at it.
It looked all mangey.
Does anyone know where I can buy a new one out here?
If not, perhaps another fellow kith or kin could lend me theirs?

Or perhaps someone has an idea for a substitute?
TIA

Image

Now because sweet kumara is my best friend I am willing to loan my sporran, but dont ask to borrow my kilt cause I wear it all day when at home.



Image
What a fantastic idea. I'm sure the locals wouldn't know that it wasn't the genuine article. A definite improvement on the original design as it makes my Jock Savage look even longer :thumb:

I doubt if even the General could come up with something better than that?