Seeking a pharmaceutical - Xyrem?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Seeking a pharmaceutical - Xyrem?

Post by StroppyChops »

I have a narcoleptic student - no, I'm not that boring a teacher, the kid seriously has diagnosed narcolepsy.

Does anyone know if Xyrem (sodium oxybate) is available in Bodge?
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Luigi
Expatriate

Re: Seeking a pharmaceutical - Xyrem?

Post by Luigi »

StroppyChops wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:33 pm I have a narcoleptic student - no, I'm not that boring a teacher, the kid seriously has diagnosed narcolepsy.

Good luck. I think. That's a serious pharma. If you found this drug would it be you who would administer?
Serious responsibility if so.
You have prolly asked Le Gare already. Yes?

These are obtaianable via mail order from reliable sources. Have you considered?

Modafinil or armodafinil from:
https://www.neuronootropic.com/where-to-buy-modafinil/
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Luigi wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:09 pm
StroppyChops wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:33 pm I have a narcoleptic student - no, I'm not that boring a teacher, the kid seriously has diagnosed narcolepsy.

Good luck. I think. That's a serious pharma. If you found this drug would it be you who would administer?
Serious responsibility if so.
You have prolly asked Le Gare already. Yes?

These are obtaianable via mail order from reliable sources. Have you considered?

Modafinil or armodafinil from:
https://www.neuronootropic.com/where-to-buy-modafinil/
A. With parental and school permission, yes.
B. Yes, that's right.
C. No. Thought I'd ask the experts first.
D. No, but thanks.
Luigi
Expatriate

Post by Luigi »

''A. With parental and school permission, yes.

Is that a real possiility? Has there ever been a presidence?

IDK. But a teacher administering drugs of any kind to a student is a scary propisition. Even an aspirin.
For both you & student. Do you have any type of medical background? Doctor, pharmacist, medical practioner, physicians assistant?

Not disparaging your intent. But seriously, do you posess the skills to evaluate the efficaciousness of what you are suggesting??? Abillity to determine side effects??? Ability to provde necessary emergency response in case of any of the known or unknown side effects??? On site or off???
Luigi
Expatriate

Post by Luigi »

''C. No. Thought I'd ask the experts first.

You are pulling our leg right?
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Luigi wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:49 pm ''A. With parental and school permission, yes.

IDK. But a teacher administering drugs of any kind to a student is a scary propisition. Even an aspirin.
For both you & student. Do you have any type of medical background? Doctor, pharmacist, medical practioner, physicians assistant?

Not disparaging your intent. But seriously, do you posess the skills to evaluate the efficaciousness of what you are suggesting??? Abillity to determine side effects??? Ability to provde necessary emergency response in case of any of the known or unknown side effects??? On site or off???
All great questions.
Luigi
Expatriate

Post by Luigi »

StroppyChops wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:26 pm
Luigi wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:49 pm ''A. With parental and school permission, yes.

All great questions.
Us extreeme caution Stroppy.Your freedom will be at risk.
We all no the axioms:
No good deed goes unpunished.
The road to perdition is paved with good intent. :hattip:
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Luigi wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:50 pm
StroppyChops wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:26 pm

All great questions.
Us extreeme caution Stroppy.Your freedom will be at risk.
We all no the axioms:
No good deed goes unpunished.
The road to perdition is paved with good intent. :hattip:
Thanks for your input.
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by epidemiks »

Diagnosed by whom? What is preventing the parents and the diagnosing doc from managing it?
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

StroppyChops wrote:

All great questions.
So how about you answer them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic