Ask for a translation of my favorite song ❤️

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
MaRie1
Tourist

Ask for a translation of my favorite song ❤️

Post by MaRie1 »

Hello friends! :o :love10:

I have fallen in love with Cambodia, and a song has been accompanying me ever since. It won't let go of me, and I can't help it—I need to understand what it's about. It's a duet between a man and a woman. Can someone please help me? It would mean a lot to me ❤️
Khmer to English?

Pnhaeu Samnieng - Pan Ron

I have delved into the deepest depths of the internet to find a translation, and you are my last hope!
:please:

Best regards
Marie ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
Stravaiger
Expatriate

Re: Ask for a translation of my favorite song ❤️

Post by Stravaiger »

Well, the original is about a working man going home to his woman after his (double ?) shift.

In the traditional relationship they enjoy he pays her and she makes herself sexually available to him.

The word 'tight' is repeated with gusto, suggesting intimacy.

(ChatGPT interpretation)
Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Yobbo »

A Khmer version of "A Hard Days Night" by the Beatles.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

MaRie1 wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:58 pm Hello friends! :o :love10:

I have fallen in love with Cambodia, and a song has been accompanying me ever since. It won't let go of me, and I can't help it—I need to understand what it's about. It's a duet between a man and a woman. Can someone please help me? It would mean a lot to me ❤️
Khmer to English?

I have delved into the deepest depths of the internet to find a translation, and you are my last hope!

Best regards
Marie ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
If i get chance ill translate the lyrics for you mate 👌
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
reggie perrin's dad
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by reggie perrin's dad »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:41 pm
MaRie1 wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:58 pm Hello friends! :o :love10:

Khmer to English?

Best regards
Marie ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
If i get chance ill translate the lyrics for you mate 👌
Impressive ability that, mate, translating a song :bow: I know you can read and write the Khmer too, which goes even further in my book.

Pretty sure there are plenty people here (me included) who'd be happy just to be able to speak most day to day stuff without getting lost :crazy:

I been here for years on and off and my Khmer is pitiful. I got excuses if you want to hear 'em but bottom line is I haven't worked hard enough. Oh yeah, and the pronunciation is really fkn hard.

:hattip: to all you lot who have got some degree of fluency.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic