can an e-visa bought online (e class) be extended for a year.

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Zyzz
Expatriate
Cambodia

can an e-visa bought online (e class) be extended for a year.

Post by Zyzz »

i know a tourist visa cant be extended but i read somewhere that you must get the visa in person on arrival for it to be extended for a year but im confused why you couldnt extend the online one which seems to be the same thing. i just want to save time when i get there. i got the online one last time but i only stayed for two weeks.

also if im able to do this online ... can i just save it on my phone or is better to print it? i dont have a printer ... ill have to go somewhere to print it out.

thank you.
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Re: can an e-visa bought online (e class) be extended for a year.

Post by Bongmab69 »

You can buy now online an evisa, not turist, but ordinary. Just clcik on their website "turist" and "ordinary" will appear. This one you can extend without any problem. I came in september like that, went to CINA-travel and had no problem for a 6-month multiple-entry and could also have bought a 12-month i suppose. If you did enter on a turist-visa normally only 1-month extension. My belgian mate wrongly bought online the wrong visa (the turist-one) and couldnt extend. After some search and several denials, he asked the landlord who has good conections, and they did a 3-month extensions on a turist)visa, whats normally not possible, for sure tea-money would be onvilved !!
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

You can extend it, but no matter if you want to extend it or not, you do need to print your eVisa as per their instructions.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

T-type (Tourist) e-Visa can be extended once, for an additional month.

E-type (Ordinary) e-Visa can be extended long term.

Here is a basic summary for general Foreigners wishing to stay long term, work, retire, study, etc...

1. You must enter the country on an E-type (Ordinary) Visa. $35 on arrival, valid for 1 month. (Note: this Visa is often incorrectly referred to as the Business Visa). There are no supporting documentation requirements for the majority of Nationalities, no passport picture is required. Ensure that you have the Visa fee in crisp, new, clean USD bills, preferably exact change.

With effect 12th Jan 2023, the E-type (Ordinary) Visa can also be applied for online in advance by all Nationalities on the official www.evisa.gov.kh website. Note that certain Nationalities have different supporting documentation requirements.

2. Prior to your Visa expiry date, go to a Visa agency and apply for an Extension of Stay (EOS). There are different EOS categories available, the main ones are;

- EB (Business/Employment) EOS - 1,3,6,12 month options, can be renewed indefinitely
- ER (Retirement) EOS - 1,3,6,12 month options, can be renewed indefinitely
- ES (Student) EOS - 1,3,6,12 month options, can be renewed indefinitely
- EG (General) - 1,3 month options - 1 time deal, cannot be renewed in-country
- EP (Proposal - seeking employment/business opportunities) 1,3 month options - 1 time deal, can convert to EB EOS with the necessary supporting documentation.

Only 6 & 12 month options valid for multi-entry/exit.

Each EOS category has it's own supporting documentation requirements, but minimum requirements for all are;

- Valid passport with minimum 6 months validity remaining from the date the EOS will expire ie. If applying for 12 mth EOS, you need at least 18 months validity remaining on your passport
- Minimum 2x blank Visa pages in passport
- 1x Passport pic
- Completed EOS application form (most agents will complete on your behalf)
- FPCS details screenshot

Costs if applying via a Visa agency (price depends on agency and location);
- 1 mth EOS = $45 - 55
- 3 mth EOS = $70 - 90
- 6 mth EOS = $150 - 170
- 12 mth EOS = $270 - 300

There is no standard processing time for EOS applications, average is 7-10 business days, but you should allow up to 14 business days, anything less is a bonus. If you need it quickly, you can pay an additional $70 - 100 for express processing (next day) when applying via a Visa Agency.

*You also can apply for your EOS directly at the Department of Immigration (DoI) Visa Office in Pochentong, Phnom Penh, but only if you have all of the necessary supporting documentation, which they are very strict about. Official fee for a 12 month EOS applying directly is $180.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic