Online Currency Trading

Whether you're a working stiff or a business owner yourself, this is the place to discuss all aspects of financing your drinking habit ;-)

NO BUSINESS SALES HERE PLEASE, WE HAVE A SECTION FOR THAT IN THE CLASSIFIEDS.
UKJ
Expatriate

Online Currency Trading

Post by UKJ »

There's a social trading platform, etoro , like FB for traders. It has a function that you can copy the trades of the best performers. I was thinking of copying a few traders to spread the risk. Anyone know anything about etoro or trading?

Beginner Traders
◾Pick out your Popular Investors – follow their trades, learn from their trading method and copy their trades automatically
◾Track the ongoing performance of any trader through a series of simple tools and keep easily informed on everything they’re doing
◾Interact with other traders to get useful tips and advice
◾Keep your finger on investor sentiment

http://www.etoro.com/en/social-trading/
djones
Expatriate
Bahamas

Re: Online Currency Trading

Post by djones »

Sounds like utter nonsense to me. Just copy successful people in the markets! If it's that easy why doesn't everybody do it?
"Start Investing with the Wisdom of the Crowds"
Remember Germany in the 30's? that is an example of "crowd wisdom"
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

djones wrote:Remember Germany in the 30's?
No.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
peter.storm
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by peter.storm »

Penny shares, Get rich quick!!!
Facebook;- Creating Narcissists from nobodies!!!!!!

Hornithology;- The study of featherless birds!!
djones
Expatriate
Bahamas

Post by djones »

StroppyChops wrote:
djones wrote:Remember Germany in the 30's?
No.
Ok, Wikipedia another example of the stupi.. sorry wisdom of the crowd!
UKJ
Expatriate

Post by UKJ »

djones wrote:Sounds like utter nonsense to me. Just copy successful people in the markets! If it's that easy why doesn't everybody do it?"Start Investing with the Wisdom of the Crowds"
Remember Germany in the 30's? that is an example of "crowd wisdom"
Thousands are. If you read some of the savings threads on here, you will see that only a very small % of people have savings to invest, or would risk the money on trades.
You do realise that investment funds trade? So instead of investing in a fund, and use their traders, you can pick your own traders, and check their investment performance up to 3 years. You are acting like it's completely unheard of, that people give money to others to trade on their behalf.

Crowd mentality - All the traders have different trading styles and investment vehicles. I don't understand why you would think it's a massive crowd, acting in concert? Do you understand the size of the world markets? I think there are 2 million people who trade from home, not to mention huge investment banks etc. A couple of thousand people acting together for a few trades is miniscule.

You've mentioned Germany, in the early part of last century, twice, yet won't post a link. I googled it. Nothing. What are you talking about, and how does it compare to the modern digital age and a social media site for traders?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic