LED Billboards Business

Whether you're a working stiff or a business owner yourself, this is the place to discuss all aspects of financing your drinking habit ;-)

NO BUSINESS SALES HERE PLEASE, WE HAVE A SECTION FOR THAT IN THE CLASSIFIEDS.
TeeMoney
Tourist
Cambodia

LED Billboards Business

Post by TeeMoney »

I am interested in starting a business manufacturing LED Billboards and would like some info on how to get started. I tried googling the subject but only got info on companies that are doing what I'm trying to start up haha. Please reply if you have any helpful tips on this topic. Thank you.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Re: LED Billboards Business

Post by Duncan »

Do exactly what those companies making billboards did. First you go and work for a company, learn everything about manufacturing the item, steal the technology , and the leave and start your own business on the other side of town.

Quote ]
Please reply if you have any helpful tips on this topic. Thank you.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
fazur
Expatriate
Norway

Post by fazur »

imagine you would get a good rate now but traffic is reduced so return income lower
monomial
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by monomial »

Manufacturing is the easy part. Anyone with a serious background in electronic design can do an indoor LED billboard. For outdoor, you additionally need enclosure design and cooling. That can be contracted out however if you don't have the skills yourself. It will take a design team a while, but it is not particularly challenging as far as designs go.

The real problem is sales. You are talking about an incredibly competitive market, and you need a large network of contacts. To start, I would simply find a Chinese partner, source the billboards from him, and get your legs involved in selling. All of the value in that industry is the relationships you have to advertisers. Anyone can make the electronics. Try to sell a few sq. meters first and see how it goes.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Yes, what Mono says ^^^ is very true.
Also add that the industry is ridden with corruption worldwide, and the circumvention of local planning rules by underhanded practices.
But the main issue for me is the hijacking of pubic spaces to be filled with ugly urgings to buy more useless crap.
I am old fashioned enough to believe the whole public sphere, including "visual amenity", should not be sold to the highest bidder.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic